Sunday, March 29, 2015

Our trip to Pensacola and Tennessee

Hello!!!!! Well, last week was Spring break, and we took a girl's trip to Pensacola and then on up to Tennessee. Here's an outline of what we did each day. 
Wednesday- Left at 7:00 am and arrived at Pensacola Christian College at 4 something in the afternoon. After we checked in, a girl from the dorm came and met us, and showed us to our rooms. My older sister was placed in a room across the hall from me, and each of the rooms we were in had three girls in them. It was soon time for supper, so we joined the college students in walking to the dining hall. I just wanted to mention something: the campus is huge and there are so many buildings!!!!
After supper, everyone met at the chappel building. When chappel was finished, my older sister and I headed to our rooms, while mommy took the other girls to the campus house, which is almost like a hotel. The girls in my room talked, and did some of their studies. Finally, at 11:00, we went to bed. 
This is a picture of what the inside of the chappel building looked like from the stage. It can seat 6,000 people. 

Thursday-I woke up at 6:30 in the morning, and hurriedly prepared for the day. My sister and I walked to the dining hall where we ate breakfast. Then my sis and I met our mother and sisters at the registration desk, where we were going to start our tour of the campus. A junior in college named Joy was our tour gide-she was very friendly and had a bubbly personality. One thing I thought was cool, was that the stage in the chappel building could rotate. On one side it had all the choir seats, and on the other side it had a place for the orchestra. It takes about 5-7 minutes for the whole thing to rotate. Okay. So after we attended a chappel serivce, my older sister and I had the opportunity to sit in on any classes we wished. I walked into a cooking class and enjoyed about 20 minutes of it. :) 
So we finally left around 2 in the afternoon. We were late getting out of there, which meant we were behind schedule. Mommy drove all the way to Tennessee; we finally arrived at our hotel Country Inn and Suites at 11:30 pm. It was a lovely hotel, and my favorite part was the breakfast that we relished the next morning. : )

Friday-Our family enjoyed a most delectable breakfast, and we left soon so we could so we could get to the Grand Ole Opry Land Gaylord Palms Hotel for the Teach Them Dilligently homeschool convention. Patch the Pirate was going to be heading up the kid's program, so my littlest sister joined the massive group of kids who were all participating in the Patch the Pirate Program. You can click here to watch some Patch the Pirate concert higlights. He also writes music, which you can find here. We walked around, listened to some messages in the teen program, and at the end of the day, retired to our cozy hotel room and speedily fell asleep. :) 

Saturday-This was such a thrilling day for me! I had the pleasure of meeting Hannah Hobbs from A Glimpse of His Glory! We leisurely strolled around the hotel's avery, and around the convention hall, talking and having a glorious time. My sister had a birthday while we were up in Tenn., so for supper, mommy surprised her by taking us to a resturaunt called Rainforest Cafe. That evening, we left the convention, and only drove about 2 hours because mommy was tired. We found a hotel to stay in that had a very yummy continental breakfast! 

This is a picture of the rainforest cafe entrance. 

Sunday-We left early in the morning for our long trip back to our home. About 6:30 pm. , we stopped at our good friend's house, enjoying talking and having a delicious supper with them. We bid them farewell at 8:30, and arrived home at 12:00 am. on Monday morning! Our Spring break trip was so fabulous and everyone had such a memorable time. :)

Yesterday (Sat. Mar. 28th) I made applesauce for the first time, and it actually turned out pretty good!!!!!! :) I made it again today, and it tasted even better than yesterday's! Here are a few pictures from the trip...



         This is a close-up of a beautiful daffodil. Thank you to everybody who             commented and told me what kind of flower I had on my new background. 

                   This picture was taken inside the avery of the Gaylord Palms                                                                    hotel. 
                           

This tree looks like it had snow on it! :D




Did you do anything fun over Spring break? Have you ever made applesauce? 

Saying of the week: 


Bible verse of the week: Romans 12:9-13
Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Be kindly affectinoed one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

Song of the week: Faith is the Victory
On every hand the foe we find
Drawn up in dread array;
Let tents of ease be left behind,
And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
And echo with our shout.

Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
Oh, glorious victory,
That overcomes the world.
  1. To him that overcomes the foe,
    White raiment shall be giv’n;
    Before the angels he shall know
    His name confessed in heav’n.
    Then onward from the hills of light,
    Our hearts with love aflame,
    We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
    In Jesus’ conqu’ring name.
  2. Faith is the victory!
    Faith is the victory!
    Oh, glorious victory,
    That overcomes the world.
  
Have a good and godly week everyone!
Standing on the promises of Christ my King, 
Ashley

5 comments:

  1. Oh! the "snow tree" is an ornamental pear :) We have a LOT of them around my house! They bloom so nicely with tons of flowers on them! lol I used to wonder what they were. Sounds like you had a fun time!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! =D I love the huge white tree, we have those here in Texas as well. =D I have never made applesauce by myself, but I have helped and enjoyed it. =) Well, I don't take a spring break, so i guess I can't ansrew that question. XD I have done some fun stuff over the past two weeks though. =D
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a joy meeting you and your family while we were in Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Ashley! I enjoyed the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Some awesome photographs! That cafe entrance looks super cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!