Sunday, April 19, 2015

How Great Is Our God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good evening everyone. 

I wanted to share an awesome video with y'all.(Some of you may have already seen it.) It's called How Great is Our God. I have recently been enthralled with  how cool the Creator made the creation that's all around us. This video shows some astonishing things that I didn't even know about!!! Make sure you watch the whole thing! :) (This would be a nice video to watch with your whole family. :)
Well, what did you think of it? Leave me a comment below and tell me what you think the coolest thing was that Louie Giglio talked about. :) 

I'm going to share some wonderful things I learned last week from watching a Science video. :) 
You've all have heard of vanilla, right? Well, the vanilla plant is actually an orchid found in Mexico. It has a little membrane that covers the part of the orchid that produces the pollen. So that means not just any bee can pollinate it. The coolest part about this orchid is that it only blooms one time out of the whole entire year, and it stays open for 8-12 hours; after that it will start to wither. But God fashioned a certain bee, the Mexican Melipona Bee, (which, by the way, doesn't have a stinger) to know when to fly to the orchid on the morning that it is opened, lift up the little membrane, and collect the pollen.  And only that bee can do it. Isn't that just incredible?! Oh, and once it's pollinated, the orchid produces a vanilla bean.

Here's another marvelous animal which God remarkably designed. The Penguin. 

After the female penguin leaves her mate, who has the egg sitting on his feet to keep it warm, she goes and fills up on food. She holds food in her stomach to give her baby after it hatches, and scientists aren't even sure how she does it without the food decaying. God designed them to do what they do and they do it well. :)  Anyway, after she's does eating, she goes back to the pack of male penguins, who are all waiting for their mate to come back. There are thousands of penguins all standing together, and using her call/whistle, she can find her mate out of thousands of others!!!! And here's something cool: the baby penguin usually hatches on the day the mom gets back. :) Isn't that just prodigious?!!!

Guess who has the strongest immune system of all birds?! It's the..........Ostrich!!!!!! Yep, that's right folks. This flightless, strong bird stumps scientists because they don't know what makes the Ostrich's immune system so strong-it never gets sick! 
And guess which mammal has the strongest immune system? I would have never guessed it, so don't feel bad if you don't get your guess right. :) It's the..............sea cow, aka Manatee. 

Do you have a favorite animal? If so, leave a comment and tell me something that you think is cool about it. :) 

The Walk for Life was yesterday, and though it was fun, it was tremendously scorching! There wasn't as many people as there was last year, but there was still a great turnout. Thank you to everyone who sponsored us by donating to Care Net. :) Something awesome happened yesterday. :) I was given 4 tickets, and I filled out my 2 sister's names and my name on 3, and on the 4th one, I wrote all of our names. There were 4 bags: 1 one was for a gift card to the mall, one was for a paintball tournament, 1 was for movie tickets, and one other one that I forget what it was. Anyway, I put 2 tickets in the mall bag, and 2 in the paintball bag. And guess what?! The ladies picked our name out of the.........paintball bag!!!!!!! :) I was excited to win a prize! There were a few other things in the prize bag, one of which was a gift card to a place where you can shape and paint your own pottery! :) And the gift certificate is for 4 people to play paintball! :) 

Here's the Saying of the week:

"You have made us for Yourself, Oh Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee."  --St. Augustine

Scripture of the week: Romans 15:1-6
We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let every one of us please his neighbor for his good to edification. For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be like-minded one towards another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I looked up where "the reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me." was written in the Old Testament. It's found in Psalms 69:9, which says "For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me."  

Song of the week: Praise Ye the Lord, the Almighty.
Praise ye the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation!
O my soul, praise Him, for He is thy health and salvation!
All ye who hear, Now to His temple draw near; 
Join me in glad adoration! 

Praise ye the Lord! O let all that is in me adore Him!

All that hath life and breath, come now with praises before Him! 
Let the Amen Sound from His people again: 
Gladly for aye we adore Him. 

Have a godly week!
Enjoying God's creation,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting message by Louie Giglio. Our family watched it a couple nights ago. Not only is God's power incredible as seen in astronomy, but his wisdom and complex design is beyond comprehension in the tiny cells of our bodies and in DNA!! The older I get the more I enjoy science 😊. It teaches us so much about our Creator.

    Becky G.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!