Thursday, December 17, 2015

Crockpot Taco Soup

Hey friends!
I am finally getting around to posting the recipe for Crockpot Taco Soup, which I wrote last year. This is a great recipe if you're going to be out all day and you want supper to be ready when you get home. It's also great to cook when it's cold outside. :D
Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 pound hamburger, cooked and drained
  • 1 can white Great Northern Beans, undrained
  • 1 can red beans, undrained
  • 1 Hidden Valley Ranch packet
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
  • 1 can black beans, undrained
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 taco seasoning packet. We don't use the seasoning packet in our soup. It tastes fine without it. 
Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Stir and cover. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream.  *I personally like to eat my soup with chips and lots of cheese sprinkled on top.  I've never tried sour cream in my soup.*

I hope you try this yummy recipe sometime! If you do, please let me know how it turns out and how you like it. :)

In Christ, who is the reason for the season, (every season)
Ashley

7 comments:

  1. This sounds great! How many servings does it usually make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really yummy. I'm not sure of the exact number, but probably between 10-13. My family eats it for 2 nights.
      Love,
      Ashley

      Delete
  2. This is very similar to a soup that I make, and we sometimes call it cowboy soup... funny how there are different names for soups! Yours sounds wonderful, and I do enjoy mine with a nice dollop of sour cream, chips, and cheese on top... yum! Hope you are having a blessed day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a soup my grandkids would love. They're spending a few days with us next week and maybe I'll have my granddaughter make it for our dinner one night. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very yummy! I made it for lunch today and it was great! Thanks so much Ashley! I used fresh beans, omitted the ranch packet (to make it Trim Healthy Mama friendly), added about 1-2 Tbs or the Taco packet, and add about 3/4 to a whole container of chicken broth. I also added some cayenne pepper and topped it with cottage cheese. I also like to add sour cream, avocado, Mexican cheese, and lettuce. All in all it was great! Thanks so much, again!

    -Anya

    ReplyDelete
  5. It also fed our family of 6-7 for lunch plus leftovers! Now, that's my kind of meal! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you made it and commented to tell me how it was, Anya. Thank you! I like meals that are healthy and make alot as well. :)
      Hope you have a blessed New Year in the Lord! :D
      Love in Christ,
      Ashley

      Delete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!