Thursday, December 15, 2016

Lately....

A cheery hello to you all.
Can you believe Christmas is only 10 days away?!

A little update on what we've been up to:
+ I weeded the garden on Saturday and found 15 tomato plants growing with the weeds. There were also 5 celery plants discovered. :) 

These are the pumpkin plants. They've started producing orange/yellowish flowers.
This potato plant is doing well. I've found that used coffee grounds are good fertilizer for plants. :)

 + I madeörnchen (pronounced Hernchen) with Grandma on Saturday. She makes them every year at Christmastime, but this was the first time I've made them. Thanks Grandma! 
Have you ever had örnchen?
 + Our neighbor gave us some goldfish on the 7th. Since a few have died, the rest were dumped into the pond. 
+ Also on the 7th, daddy brought home the tiniest baby turtle that he found in his shop. 


+ Sarah is arriving home from college tonight.  :)
+ Lauren and I played a duet for church on Wednesday night. Here's the piece we played.
If video doesn't load, click here.

+ And finally, here are a couple pictures I took of a dandelion. 

I hope you all have a good and godly day! Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that turtle! Absolutely adorable!!!!! :D

    Hehe, I was wondering if I was imagining things when I saw your garden! Where's your snow? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The turtle's name is Pebbles. :) He likes to sit in his water dish. :)

      Hehehe. Yes, we don't ever get snow here, and it still is 70-85 degrees every day. I wish it would get cold! But I will be planting strawberries soon since they like the cooler weather. Maybe in January or Februray......:)

      Delete
  2. Your garden is doing great! It is hard to believe you are able to grow tomatoes and potatoes in December, that is awesome! That turtle is soo small, and amazing! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics! Ah, I envy your warm weather, it's so cold here! And such a cute turtle!
    Piece of advice on caring for turtles: NEVER put it in a plastic container with the lid on and then put it on black asphalt in the sun.
    Here's the story behind that. We found a cute little turtle in the woods, adopted it and named her Nellie. We fed her algae until she was bigger and then fed her worms. We noticed she liked sitting on the rock we provided in the sunnier part of her cage. Since it was supposed to get colder that day, we decided to put the lid on her cage and set it out on our black asphalt in the full sun. Yeah, that was a bad idea. The poor turtle didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Well thanks for telling me. I'll keep that in mind. Was Nellie as small as Pebbles? Our turtle doesn't seem to eat. She only drinks. We put a little piece of strawberry in her cage, and she doesn't eat it. She sits in her water dish for most of the day.
      Do you have any food recommendations for small turtles such as Pebbles? :)

      Enjoy your cold weather! Wish it was cold here right now. 😊

      Delete
    2. Nellie was as small as Pebbles is! First you'll have to figure out what type of turtle he is. Nellie was an Eastern Box Turtle, but it doesn't look like that's what your's is. Nellie ate algae almost exclusively until she got a little bigger. Then we cut up worms and gave them to her. You could probably try giving him algae. If Pebbles likes sitting in water, try filling his cage with water (just enough so he can sit in it with his head sticking out) and then include some moss and some sort of flat rock. That's what we did for Nellie and she really seemed to take to it.
      Hope that helps! :) You'll have to tell me what type of turtle Pebbles is when you figure it out.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet little turtle!! Great shots. <3

    sophie xx
    lavender and blue
    the inkpot girl

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!