Just recently, as I was reading the Psalms, a question popped into my head. Why is it good to give thanks or why should we give thanks? I think it can be easy to get into a habit of thanking God when we pray for meals. We thank Him for the food, for family, for the day, etc. And these are things I think we should be thankful for. But as I read more and started searching, I found many reasons for why we should be thankful.
We could be full of thanksgiving and praising God because:
- He is worthy.
- He is good.
- His mercy endureth for ever and ever.
- He made the waters, heaven, light, and earth. John 1:3 Psalm. 136:5-9
- His name alone is excellent. Psalm. 148:13
- God is near to all those that call upon him. Psalm. 145:18
- Jesus is Immanuel. He is with us every single minute, of every single hour, of every single day, no matter where we are in the world.
- He is wonderful!
- He is the Prince of Peace
- The Lord Jehovah has done excellent things
- Jesus has broken down the middle wall of perdition between the Jews and the Gentiles
- God sent his son Jesus to be the propitiation for the whole world
- We have been justified by faith and now have peace with God through Jesus. Romans 5:1
- God loved us first, while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8
- We don't live under the law anymore.
- We live under grace!
- We are no longer condemned. Christ has freed us from being servants to sin, and now are instead, servants of righteousness and God. Romans 6:20
- Nothing can ever separate Christians from the love of God. Romans 8:39
- God had mercy upon us all. Romans 11:32
- Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
- Jesus is our mediator.
- Christ suffered once for the sins of all men.
- Christ was cursed for us. Galatians 3:13
- God has blessed us so much more abundantly than we deserve.
- Jesus reigns!
- Christ is King of Kings and Lord of Lords!
May you all have a godly and Christ-filled week.
Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. ~Psalm 145:2-3