Sunday, January 9, 2022

The Story of Christmas

 Hello and happy new year! 

     I think this every year, but I cannot believe a whole year has gone by. It feels like the beginning of 2021 was not that long ago, and here we are starting the new year of 2022. I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas holiday. You might be a little confused by the title of this post. Maybe you’re wondering why I’m still writing about Christmas. Well, I didn’t get a chance to post this last month, and the song below has stayed in my mind for a long while. One of my favorite hymns is “Tell Me the Story of Jesus” and I realized last year just just how beautifully it highlights the life of Christ and the story of Christmas. It starts with Jesus’ birth, mentions his life on earth, talks about his death, and ends with his resurrection. The celebration of Christmas focuses on the coming of Jesus to earth as a baby, and the reason he did so was to become sin for man so man could become sons of God. Perhaps as you read the words, your heart will be filled with thankfulness to God for his extreme love in sending his Son to pay for sins. 

Tell me the story of Jesus, write on my heart every word;
Tell me the story most precious, sweetest that ever was heard. 
Tell how the angels in chorus, sang as they welcomed his birth,
"Glory to God in the highest! Peace and good tidings to earth."

Tell me the story of Jesus, write on my heart ev’ry word; tell me the story most precious, sweetest that ever was heard. 

Fasting alone in the desert, tell of the days that are past,
How for our sins he was tempted, yet was triumphant at last. 
Tell of the years of his labor, tell of the sorrow he bore,
He was despised and afflicted, homeless, rejected, and poor.

Tell me the story of Jesus, write on my heart ev’ry word; tell me the story most precious, sweetest that ever was heard. 

Tell of the cross where they nailed him, writhing in anguish and pain;
Tell of the grave where they laid him, tell how he liveth again. 
Love in that story so tender, clearer than ever I see:
Stay, let me weep while you whisper, love paid the ransom for me.

Tell me the story of Jesus, write on my heart ev’ry word; tell me the story most precious, sweetest that ever was heard. 

Hebrews 5:8-9 says "Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"

Ring the bells, ring the bells, let the whole world know,
Christ was born in Bethlehem many years ago.
Born to die that man might live, came to earth new life to give,
Born of Mary, born so low, many years ago.
God the Father gave His Son, gave His own beloved One,
To the wicked sinful earth, to bring mankind His love, new birth.


Ring the bells, ring the bells, what a glorious morn!
Men and angels worship Him, singing, Christ is born!
Born to die on Calvary, born to set His people free,
God Himself in human form, tell it! Christ is born.
He has left His royal throne, He has come to claim His own,
Christ the Lord has come to earth, go spread the news of Jesus' birth.

Ring the bells, ring the bells,
Let the whole world know.
Christ the Savior lives today
As He did so long ago!

Just because the season of Christmas is over doesn’t mean we have to stop talking about Christ’s birth, so find someone to share it with!   :)    It is the sweetest story ever told. 

May your day be Christ-centered and filled with joy. ❤️

Love,

Ashley


1 Peter 1:18-19  “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:”             


1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts. His birth and life is a story worth telling every day!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!