Monday, September 12, 2022

A Prayer: I Need Thee Every Hour

How are you doing today, friend? No matter where you are in life, this beautiful song can be a prayer for each of us, for we all need the Lord to help and guide us. I hope the words encourage you. ❤️

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like thine can peace afford. 
I need thee, oh, I need thee; Every hour I need thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior! I come to thee. 

I need Thee every hour, stay thou near by;
Temptations lose their power when thou art nigh. 
I need thee, oh, I need thee; Every hour I need thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior! I come to thee. 

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain; 
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain. 
I need thee, oh, I need thee; Every hour I need thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior! I come to thee. 

I need Thee every hour, teach my thy will; 
And thy rich promises in me fulfill. 
I need thee, oh, I need thee; Every hour I need thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior! I come to thee. 

I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
Oh, make me thine indeed, thou blessed Son. 
I need thee, oh, I need thee; Every hour I need thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior! I come to thee.



3 comments:

  1. It has been awhile since I looked at your blog...mainly because I haven't been doing much blogging myself lately! I'm hoping to get a new post of sometime soon, though.

    Just wanted to say what a refreshment it was to me to see this hymn. The words are very fitting to me to come across today...and I thank you for sharing them here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so nice to have you visit again, and I’m thankful you were encouraged. :) This hymn is a favorite because it describes my constant state of needing Jesus every single hour, no matter what state I’m in.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ashley! Ah, this is such a good song! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!