Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Summer at the Ark Encounter

 This summer I had the awesome opportunity to work in the culinary department at Answers in Genesis's Ark Encounter in Williamstown, Kentucky. My mom, sister, and I left home on May 22nd, arrived on May 24th, and I started work the following Monday. 
The sunrise the day we left Florida.
Here's a panoramic of the inside of the house I stayed in. Answers in Genesis provides seasonal/ temporary housing for people who live far away and come to work for the ministry. It was a blessing and so much fun to share this space with 45 other ladies. Staying in the housing I met one young lady from South Africa, one from Republic of Georgia, three from Bolivia, and many from around the country. I normally worked 5 days a week with two off days. Every week my schedule varied, but many times my next-door neighbor and I had the same off days, so we explored Kentucky. You'll see pictures from our adventures a little later on. :)

There's a few bird cages stationed on the path outside leading up to the Ark. 
 Silas, a Kookaburra, lives in one.

 CooCoo, a hornbill, lives in the other. If you're interested, the picture below provides information about hornbills.


The skies in Kentucky display such beauty. 

The entrance to the Ark.
A lamb at the petting zoo.

I worked at the Olive Leaf Cafe three days a week and at Emzara's Buffet two days. Here's a panoramic view of the cafe inside the Answers Center. 


Flowers at the Ark.
In May my friend and I drove up to the Creation Museum. I hadn't visited in years, and they've added so many new exhibits. Along the way we stopped at Bigby Coffee. They have some awesome cold brew coffee that I highly recommend trying. :)  
The grounds at the Creation Musuem offer a wide variety of flowers and beautiful scenes to gaze at.











And that's it for now! I hope you are having a joyful week.  :) 

Keep looking up, He's always looking down...
~~Ashley

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. 

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous place, Ashley! I'm glad you got to live and work there over the summer. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!