Sunday, December 14, 2014

Life Lately...

Life has been very busy this whole week. Things are finally starting to slow down since classes are ending. Sarah's birthday was on Tuesday. When we arrived home around 4 pm. from our homeschool classes, there was an Edible Arrangements basket for Sarah sitting on our front porch. There was a little card attached to it, but there was no name at the end, so we don't know who it's from. :) We were very surprised and enjoyed eating the delicious fruit! (I didn't think to take a picture of the beautiful arrangement. :(
Take a look at some pictures from this week.

On Thursday, my daddy took us to Sony's because my mommy had a cookie exchange, which she attended. We made and decorated gingerbread cookies.
                            

After we finished eating, we stopped to see this huge manger scene. Every year, this little store called Castro's Interior sets up a huge nativity set. The cover is thatched from many palm tree branches that are stapled together. It's quite amazing. We went to look at it on Thursday night.


 







  On Friday afternoon, mommy took me and my 2 sisters to a birthday party. They had these beautiful flowers and I just had to take a picture. :) 
On Friday night, my older sister, her friend, and I camped out in our tent. I finally decided to go inside at 5 am. because I couldn't get to sleep. On Saturday morning, we 3 girls went for a bike ride. I took these pictures of flowers that were lining the fence along the street we were biking on.


                                                                        
 Sarah and our friend had a picnic lunch at a beautiful spot by the water down at our neighbor's house. The water was so sparkly!!


Saying of the week:
 

Bible verse of the week: Romans 6:6-14
"Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." 
After I read that last verse, I thought of the song "Grace Tis A Charming Sound."  This is the first verse and chorus of the song.
                                                        "Grace! tis a charming sound,
                                                              Harmonious to the ear; 
                                                    Heav'n with the echo shall resound, 
                                                         And all the earth shall hear. 
                                                            Saved by grace alone!
                                                              This is all my plea: 
                                                         Jesus died for all mankind, 
                                                          And Jesus died for me.

Hey! I just thought I should have a song of the week, that ties into my Bible verse of the week. :) What do you all think? 

Hope you all have a fabulous, good and godly week, for what good is a good week if it is not also a godly week? It's a no-good week!!!!

In the grace and truth of His majesty the King,
Ashley


5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed all the photos! Sounds like you've been having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Ashley. I enjoyed this blog so much, but then I enjoy all of your blogs. Yes, I think it is a good idea, to have a song that goes along with your Bible Verse each week. Loved the way you girls decorated the gingerbread cookies. In fact, they looked so good, that I couldn't resist, and here I sit at my computer, stuffing my face with cookies. They aren't as pretty as your cookies though. Thanks for posting the pictures of the Manger scene. I have seen this on display before, and it is fabulous. And so BIG! I also loved the pictures of the flowers. I use to grow flowers, but mine didn't look anything like the ones you posted. Mine were religious flowers though, I believe, because mine were always bowing down to the ground. OR, maybe I just needed to put a little more water on them, huh. What can I say....some of us simply don't have a green thumb. Brave girls you are, camping outside your house all night. Wish I had known. Would have put on my disguise and slipped up on you girls and scared the daylights out of you. That's what makes camping FUN. Well, for me, that is. Keep the pictures coming...... LOVE THEM!!!!

    Louise Rector

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design! :) It is very Christmas-y. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the manger scene.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!