Sunday, December 7, 2014

Genesis 22

Hello friends! Sorry I have not posted in a whole week. I was super busy this week with school. This morning, our pastor preached an awesome message. I didn't take notes, so I am just going to recap what he talked about.
The passage was Genesis 22:6-14. In verse 8, Abraham tells Isaac, "God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering..." It's really cool, because God provided Abraham a lamb, and God provided sinners a lamb: His only Son. Jesus was the "ram caught in the thicket by his horns..." Jesus was our Sacrifice, just like the ram was. And it's cool that Abraham called the place Jehovah-jireh, which means "Provider". I thought of the song "Jehovah Jireh" when I read verse 14. If you would like to listen to this song, click here. 
Saying of the week:
 

Bible verse of the week: Romans 5:7-11
"For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dark to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement."

May the Lord bless you all, dear friends. Have a good and godly week!
Warmly yours and eteranlly His, in the unbreakable and glorious bonds of Calvary, 
Ashley

3 comments:

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!