Monday, May 27, 2024

A Night in the Life of...

Musings on a Sunday night in May: 
Most people write or take videos about a day in their life, but this post is about a realistic night in my life. :) It is currently 10:36 p.m. on May 27th, and I'm sitting in my dark room in Honduras eating a snack of plantain chips and drinking chocolate milk. The power has been out since around 7:40 p.m. this evening. That means no fan, no air, no lights. I am thankful the water is still on. (It's not connected to the electricity.) Almost every single night for the past two weeks the power has been turned off for long periods of time, leaving us sweating and unable to sleep soundly. Sometimes these power outages are scheduled and sometimes the power just goes out and we don't know when it will come back on. Sometimes the water gets turned off and one never can go to sleep knowing for sure that there will be water in the morning. It's just the fact of the matter here in Honduras, and to me it feels like a normal part of life. Living this life definitely shifts one's perspective a little. The most simple things in life like a fan, air conditioning, and water to shower or to wash with are often taken for granted. But I have found myself thanking God for these gifts a whole lot more these past six months. Tonight, if you sleep well, thank the Lord for that rest. If you have a fan or air conditioner keeping you cool, thank God for that. If you can flip on the light switch and have power, thank God for such a blessing. And if you have water, be thankful. 😊 Good night, friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!