Monday, May 27, 2024

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day! 
Even here in Honduras I'm remembering the sacrifices of all the people who valued freedom more than their own lives and were willing to die for it, and I thank the Lord for them. I thank the Lord that America is a free country and that we have this day to remember those that made it so. In August of last year, my mom, sister, and I stopped at Little River Springs in Branford, Fl. on our way to Pensacola. While driving through a nearby town we stopped at a small war memorial.  

Absolutely. Never. Forget. 




We live in a country - the greatest on earth, 
Where the flag stands for freedom and what it is worth. 
She stands in the harbor - Miss Liberty calls,
All gave some, but some gave it all
For me to be blessed. 

I have been blessed; God's so good to me,
Precious are his thoughts of you and me. 
No way I could count them; there's not enough time
So I'll just thank him for being so kind. 
God has been good, so good, 
I have been blessed. 


1 comment:

  1. Amen, Ashley! May we never stop giving thanks who gave it all for our freedoms.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!