Thursday, August 29, 2024

Honduras - part 2

Honduras: Part 2
This and the next few posts will be organized by months. If you're viewing this post on your email, click here to view it on the blog. There are a couple videos later on that won't show on your email. 

January: 

School started out very well. Stacey came and stayed for a week as part of a practicum she was doing for a class. She gave so much good advice during her time there. 
Every month the church has a ladies's meeting. This is my sister-friend Brinis. She and her sister Osiris are some of my best friends there. They both LOVE God, love the Bible, and are faithful at sharing the gospel. I cannot wait to see them again.
Some of the ladies in the church.
My housemate and sister-friend Kristel. Kristel is another best friend. She has a heart for God, is good at witnessing, loves to go on adventures with me and Kara, and is great at speaking Spanglish with us. 😅
Kara and I with Mrs. Rolston
Kara, Kristel, I.

February:
Our whole American team went to a getaway conference for missionaries in another city.
 Kara and I stayed in one of these hotels.



We learned about president's day at school. 

On our way back from a shopping trip in San Pedro Sula.
Valentine's day party! 
Dara & Ricardo
Emiliano & Jair - best friends
Jaydon & Steven
Rosalyn & Genesis
Love these little kids who I played with in the nursery. The boy is Ezekiel. (Forgot the girl's name.)
We celebrated LOTS of birthday parties during school. 😊
Another fun thing we were able to do besides teach in Hope Christian Academy was teach an English class to adults on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Anyone from the community could attend. Kara and I taught phonics/reading and Trenton and Miss Marti taught grammar/sentence building. 

March:
Hondurans celebrate Father's Day in March so we had a party for the dads of the students. The kindergarten class and 1st grade class sang songs and recited things they learned. This video shows 1st grade singing "Obedience" song. 

We also went to a Christian rodeo. Toward the end of the night the hosts led singing and preached the gospel. This is a video of a song they sung. 
Kara & I did almost all of our shopping together. She has a great personality and is such a fun friend to hang out with! I miss her tremendously.
Kara and I took our students on a field trip to a farm. What a fun day that was! 

Cousins Genesis & Ashly
My favorite Genesis 😊
Alejandro, Rosalyn, & Dara
Jaydon, Ashly, & Christi
3 Amigas 💕

The owner brought this sweet donkey out so the kids could sit on him. 


This farm is gorgeous and sometimes they host weddings. At this first section they have a pavilion, a large swing, an area with hammocks, a sitting place to enjoy refreshments, and picturesque plants and flowers. We walked across the road to their animal farm. They raise, harvest, and sell fish. 

Video of the fish ponds.

They had the most adorable fawn at their farm! 


Kindergarten & 1st grade


To be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!