Monday, August 12, 2024

Seek God DAILY

 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God. ~Isaiah 58:2
As I was reading in Isaiah, this verse stuck out to me. It's referring to the house of Jacob, but it challenged and convicted my heart because it's applicable to me, to all of us. Look at these other verses I found about seeking God.

1 Chronicles 16:10-11 - Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.

1 Chronicles 21:19 - Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God...

1 Chronicles 28:9 - ...if thou seek him, he will be found of thee...

Psalm 9:10 - And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Psalm 63:1 - O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee...

Psalm 105:4 - Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.

Isaiah 55:6 - Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near.

Jeremiah 29:13 - And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Lamentations 3:25 - The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Hebrews 11:6 - ...for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I end with some questions to make you (and myself) think: How often do you approach God? Do you seek him diligently? God promises that when you search for him, he will reward you and you'll find him. And do you take delight in going to God? I know I want these things - to take delight in him, seek God fervently, and approach him often. We can talk to him through prayer and meet with him when we read and meditate on the Scriptures. Friend, be encouraged, that even if you don't have this habit of approaching God daily, it is not too late to start! Some habits take work to form, though, so be willing to do the work. Even if you have made a habit and end up missing days here and there, don't give up.  I've been there too, and you can start again. If you have a busy schedule, take a hard look at what you might need to change. If you have to wake up a little extra earlier in the morning in order to read the Bible, do it. I promise you won't regret any time you can spend in seeking God. We need him, friend. We need his guidance and counsel on matters in life, so take delight in getting to know his ways. 


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts Ashley! Oh how I love to seek the Lord and spend that precious time with HIM! Nothing brings me more joy than basking in the presence of the Lord! Wonderful verses you shared - seek Him early, seek Him with all your heart, and He is a rewarder of them who diligently seek Him! Blessings to you dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!