Thursday, October 17, 2024

Seekers of God's Heart

Click here to listen to the song if you're viewing this on your email. 

Until we give you first place
Until we let you begin to fill us with your spirit, 
Renew us from within, 
Nothing matters, nothing's gained; without your holy presence our lives are lived in vain.

Lord, we want to know you, live our lives to show you,
All the love we owe you, we're seekers of your heart. 

Because your heart was broken, because you saw the need, because you gave so freely, because of Calvary, we can now be called your own complete creations, filled with you alone. 

Lord, we want to know you, live our lives to show you all the love we owe you, we're seekers of your heart. 

O Jesus, blest Redeemer, sent from the heart of God. Hold us, who wait before thee, near to the heart of God.

This is a beautiful song. Many times the Scriptures say that when we seek God we will find him. It is possible to know the heart of God. But we can't know it if we're not searching. Knowing God comes through discipline and spending time in the Word and in prayer. If he is not first place in life, does anything else really matter? I want to live a life that matters, that's in tune with God. How about you? Sincerely seek God. You will find him.

1 Chronicles 16:10-11 - "Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord. Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually."

Psalm 119:2 - "Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart."

Psalm 105:4 - "Seek the Lord, and his strength: seek his face evermore."

Jeremiah 29:12-13 - "Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!