Thursday, June 12, 2014

New Sprouts!!!

I have some very exciting news!!! Four seeds sprouted yesterday afternoon! I am not exactly sure what they are, but I think they're okras or radishes-I will know in 2 or 3 weeks. I had planted 6 okra seeds, and none of them had sprouted. So I am very happy these did. :)  
The pepper plants are the biggest ones in this picture. I am going to transplant them into bigger pots because they are  too big for the seed starter box.













These seeds are two of the four that sprouted yesterday.








Here are the other two. Since the one on the right is a little bit bigger, I think it popped up a couple of days ago and I didn't see it.







Here are close ups of the seeds.

When the seeds are ready to sprout, they come up through the soil and the seed shells stay on them, as you can see in these pictures. But if you notice on the one that is bigger than the other, it doesn't have the shell on it. When they get a tad bit bigger, the shell falls off. I think it's because the plant is getting to big for the shell.


Something cool I noticed about these seeds is that they all came up the same way. Like, they all popped up with the head of the plant on the left. I never noticed that before.






Plants are so amazing. When I plant some more seeds, I am going to watch and see if the heads of the plants sprout up on the left.
I wish we could put a tiny camera in the seed before it sprouted so we could watch the roots spread out and watch it grow.




Hope you liked the pictures. I will keep you updated on the plants as they get bigger.

Creation Corner.
Today's Creation Moment: The Cyanide Defense.
John 12:32 
“And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.”



Wouldn’t it be amazing if a creature developed a chemical defense that is deadly to practically every other creature but itself – especially if that defense meant exposing itself and its enemy to deadly cyanide?
Cyanide DefenseYet there is a species of millipede called Apheloria that does just this. Apheloria has, on each segment of its body, special glands that produce the chemical needed for defense. When the millipede is attacked by an enemy, it mixes this chemical with a catalyst. The result is a chemical that is a mild irritant plus hydrogen cyanide gas – the same lethal chemical used in the gas chamber. In this defense, the millipede as well as his enemies are engulfed in a cloud of deadly cyanide gas. His attacker dies, but the millipede simply walks away unharmed.
This truly amazing defense clearly has a purpose. Even more amazing, if evolution is right, the millipede developed this remarkable defense quite accidentally, and at the same time he became immune to deadly cyanide gas! This defense is completely unlikely to develop without a planner. The millipede’s immunity to cyanide makes sense if there was a planner, and it makes no sense at all if there wasn’t.
God’s fingerprints are all over the creation as He seeks to draw us all to Himself.

God bless you and have a great day!! 
 Copyright © 2014 by Creation Moments, Inc., P.O. Box 893, Foley, MN. 56329

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!