Sunday, September 7, 2014

Exodus 32

I was just reading in Exodus 32, where Aaron built a golden calf for the people to worship. The children of Israel wanted Aaron to do this because they didn't know what had happened to Moses. (Remember, God had called him up into the mountain.) In verse 8, God tells Moses that the children of Israel said "...These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt." In verse 10, God told Moses "Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation." God was so displeased with the children of Israel, that He wanted to kill them and make a new nation out of Moses. A couple verses later, Moses reminds God of His promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Verse 13: "Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever." Then in verse 14, "...the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people." 
Well, after this, Moses and Joshua came down the mount. They saw the children of Israel dancing, and Moses got so mad, he threw the tables of the Testimony that God had written on the ground, and they broke. Then Moses took the calf and ground it to powder and made the children of Israel drink it. Then Moses said "...Who is on the Lord's side? let him come unto me." Levi came and stood next to Moses and killed 3,000 people that day. The next day, Moses said he would go up unto the Lord and make an atonement for their sin. And in verse 31-33, It says, "And Moses returned unto the Lord, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of god. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book." So Moses was like, "Lord, forgive their sin. And if you won't, then take my name out of the book." That reminds me of what Paul said in Romans 9:3: "For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:" He loved his brethren so much that he was willing to go to hell so they could go to heaven. Wow. You know, that's the same thing Christ did for us. He took our place and took our sin on Himself, so we could one day live with Him in heaven forever. All we have to do is accept the free gift of salvation that Christ offers to everyone and realize that we're all sinners, and believe that He died and rose again for our justification. 

Scripture of the week: Philippians 4:8-9
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."

Saying of the week:
  
Have a good and godly week everyone!!!

Keep looking up, He's always looking down,
Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!