Thursday, March 29, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Hello sweet people! 
 
I truly hope your week is going well. It's a lovely day to take a walk to the garden...and I would love to have you join me. :) 

 Let's pause to watch two squirrels scamper about as they chase each other...

 
 And to pick some beautiful wildflowers.
 Now take a look at what is growing.
These large-leaf plants are yellow squash.
 There are so many buds on one plant!
 The buds turn into these orange flowers...
 And the orange flowers turn into the fruit. I am very excited to have a baby squash growing already.  :)
 
 I'm growing corn for the first time. I'll let you know how it turns out.
 Here's a neat row of onions/chives. You may notice the other plants in the picture. Those are sweet potatoes. I've picked a bunch already, but there are still at least eight plants left.
 

 
 So far, there's only one cantaloupe plant, and it already has several flowers! (Those flowers will soon turn into baby cantaloupes.) Oh, and is that a baby cantaloupe I see already growing? 
 It is! And I found one more. :)
There are a bunch of little sprouts growing as well that I haven't identified yet.

Well, the garden tour has ended, and I hope enjoyed seeing the new plants.  Have a good and godly rest of the week!

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love.


Genesis 1:11-12
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! Your garden is doing so good!!! Even here in SC we are just now getting sandals and it's finally stopped raining, I can't believe you already have squash! I enjoyed this garden tour :).

    I also tagged you over on my blog :D!

    I tagged you over on my blog :)!

    Rejoicing in Hope,
    Bri from forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing I love about Florida. You don't have to wait till the winter snow melts to being planting. My favorite planting seasons are winter and spring. Plants grow best then.

      I know! I can't believe there's already a baby squash growing either.

      Glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for the tag. :)

      Much love in Christ,
      Ashley

      Delete
  3. Nice photos, Ashley! There's something refreshing about being in the garden. :) I hope everything grows well for you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!