Friday, July 6, 2018

Fruit Pizza

Hey friends!  

Today I'm sharing a recipe for something delicious....fruit pizza!

Note: I make my own crust, but you can also use purchased pizza dough or sweet dough. 

Ingredients for the pizza crust: 

 1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)

(If you're interested in substituting honey for sugar, I've made it that way before and it tasted great. I would add a little less than 3/4 cup if you add honey, just because you don't want to add too much. Add according to taste.) 
Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in egg. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into creamed mixture until just blended. Press into ungreased (pizza) pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.  Set aside to cool.
NOTE: If you use purchased dough, follow the directions on the can for how to cook it.

Ingredients for the frosting: 
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

(I've made the frosting with honey instead of sugar before too, and have found that it actually tastes a little better than it does with sugar. I'd recommend adding a little less honey than 1/4 cup, and then tasting the mixture just to be sure you didn't add too much honey. You can always add more if need be.) 
Directions: 
Combine the frosting ingredients with a rubber spatula. Stir until smooth.
Once the crust has cooled, spread on the frosting.
Topping:
You can really use any type of fruit to decorate the pizza. Here's what I used. 
strawberries
kiwi
oranges 
 (usually I use mandarin oranges from a can, but since 
we didn't have any, I just peeled a small orange and used that.)
blueberries
bananas 
grapes
blackberries 

Once you have all your fruit washed and cut, it's time to decorate! 










For the middle, I just cut up grapes and blackberries. 
Ta-dah - there you have it! It's a simple, fun recipe to make for a party or holiday. 


Have you ever made fruit pizza? If you make this recipe, I'd love to hear how yours turned out! 

3 comments:

  1. I love fruit and this sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so pretty and delicious! I'm saving the recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive! Looks like a fun summer dessert.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!