Tuesday, July 24, 2018

God Chose You

Hello beautiful friend!

Did you know that we serve a BIG God? He parted the Red Sea so the children of Israel could walk across, He closed the mouths of lions so they could not hurt Daniel, and He used one boy with a slingshot and stones to kill a giant named Goliath. He is a God of miracles. But we can not forget that God is an extraordinary God who is in charge of the ordinary everyday things that many don't think about. He takes notice when a bird falls out of a tree or dies, or when an unknown solider gives his life for liberty. He notices every single one of the 60 million + babies who have been so tragically killed by abortions. And you want to know something else? God notices YOU.  Out of the 7.6 billion people who live on the earth, you are known by God. But not only does God know you, He delights in you! Once during my Bible reading, I came across these verses.




And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name. Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God. Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married. For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee. - Isaiah 62:2-5

We've all been in the barren and desolate place at some point in our life. And if it weren't for God's loving grace and mercy, we'd still be stuck there. But God draws you out of that lonely, dry place. And He gives you a new name. A special name. One that means 'God delights in you.' Hephzi-bah. As much as this world and Satan want you to believe, you are NOT here by accident. The master designer doesn't create anything haphazardly. He creates beautifully. He creates with great design and purpose. You may or may not know this, but the One who knows the most about you has the most love for you. <3


God could've chosen to live anywhere in the universe, but He chose your heart.  :) 

Psalm 139:14-18

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 
My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God: how great is the sum of them! 
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.     


I'll leave you with this  challenge today: Try treating every single person you meet as the most important person in the world.   It'll change you and your perspective.  :)

 

You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in You.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post. Psalms 139 is one of my favorite Psalms.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is beautiful, Ashley. I related to much of it, as I often get depressed and feel alone. I felt as I was reading it, that others do as well. Wish they would comment to you, if it touched them in a special way, as you can use encouragement as we all can. THANK YOU for each blog you share with us, and even though I do not always comment, I read each and every one of them, and ALWAYS feel grateful, that you keep them coming to us. God bless you, and it thrills my heart to see a young person sharing Jesus with any and all, who will receive. Keep on keeping on. GOD IS PLEASED, and of that I am certain. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post, sweet friend. Thank you for this reminder of how much God really does love us. It is so easy to forget that. I hope your dear Mommy is feeling better. Praying for you dear ones.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!