Wednesday, August 1, 2018

DIY Homeade Peppermint Chapstick

How to make peppermint chapstick 

You will need:
 * chapstick tubes (you can use small round containers but the tubes are better because you can twist them)
*  1 tablespoon beeswax (I use beeswax pellets, but you can also shave a beeswax bar)
* 1 teaspoon honey
* 3 tablespoons coconut oil 
* peppermint essential oil
* an oven-safe dish or cup (I use a Pyrex measuring cup. It's super easy to pour with.)
* a small pot with some water

Instructions:
 Place the coconut oil and beeswax in the oven-safe cup, and place that container into a saucepan of water. 
Over medium - low heat, stir until the mixture is completely melted, then stir in the honey. Remove from heat and add 6 to 8 drops of peppermint oil.  

Side note: the honey will probably sink to the bottom, so stir constantly right before you pour.
Pour the mixture into the tubes or containers and let cool for at least 1 hour so it can harden.

And that's it! This peppermint chapstick is so easy to make, and it's very moisturizing too. Not only can this be used on your lips, but Lauren and I use it for any bumps that appear, such as on the face, neck, back, and arms. Just apply it once or twice daily until the bumps go away. 

Thanks for reading! Until next time...God bless you. 


Have you made peppermint chapstick before? If not, will you try this recipe? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments! 


4 comments:

  1. I need to do this. I try to always keep a tube of chapstick in my purse as my lips tend to dry so easily even though I wear moisturizing lipstick. I have a granddaughter that loves her chapstick. Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! It looks simple enough! Where do you get the beeswax? I have terribly chapped lips for months each year, it's ridiculous. A double boiler would work fine to melt the ingredients, wouldn't it? And I bet Manauka honey would be awesome to use in this, it's very healing!
    Rejoicing in Hope,
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very simple. Oh, I guess I should’ve mentioned it, but I got the beeswax and tubes from amazon. Yes, a double boiler would be fine, as long as you can pour out of it, or pour it into another dish to pour into the tubes. Another thing I forgot to mention is that hot water will help soften anything that hardens in the bowls. It may have to soak.

      Love,
      Ashley

      Delete
  3. I love peppermint chap stick. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!