Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!!  

Psalm 107: 1-2, 8-9, 43
“O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy. Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the Lord.”
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite, (if not my favorite) holidays. I love that we as Americans have a day set aside to reflect and remember that all the blessings we enjoy come from our loving Father. Some things I am grateful for today: 

~ getting to spend Thanksgiving with Lauren at our campus parent's house
~ trials and pain God has used in my life to help me become like him
~opportunities to grow in self-control and patience
~three days off of school
~the blessing of being a child of God
~the comfort of the Holy Spirit
~the privilege to enter boldly into the throne of grace
~the blessed assurance that Jesus is mine 
~beautiful hymns of thanksgiving and praise
~lovely friends
~a good night's rest
~cool, sunny fall weather
~warmth of a fire
~laughter
Psalm 33:1-5
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. Praise the Lord with harp: sing unto him with the psaltry and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise. For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in truth. He loveth righteousness and judgement: the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.

“Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; Praise Him, all creatures here below; 
Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.” 


I would love to hear: what are some things you are grateful for today? 
How are you celebrating Thanksgiving? 
Hope you all have a wonderful day! 


love,
Ashley

Psalm 145:1-3
“I will extol thee, my God, O King; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.” 





1 comment:

  1. Wishing you and yours A HAPPY,BLESSED THANKSGIVING
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!