Thursday, November 16, 2023

June 2023

Hi Friend! 
I'm a little behind in posting from the summer, so this post contains June adventures. :)   
Even though June consisted mostly of work, I got to visit several different churches and go hiking with my good friend Debby. 

One Sunday, Debby and I passed this beautiful field of wild pink thistles, and of course we just had to stop and take pictures. :) 






This summer I saw several gorgeous rainbows after storms.
One benefit of working the closing shift was getting to see the Ark lit up in rainbow colors at night. 

So much beauty in the sky...

On June 28th, Debby and I hiked 2 different trails. The first trail was Rock Bridge Arch in the Red River Gorge. A little about the arch: It's located near the midpoint of a 1.3-mile loop trail. It's the only example in the Red River Gorge of a type of arch known as a waterfall arch. It was formed by a waterfall flowing over a resistant rock layer, cutting through it, thus creating a natural bridge over the stream that flows beneath it. 
It definitely was hard rock climbing without much to hold on to, but I managed to climb up on top of the bridge for a picture. :) (It's not really part of the trail.) 







This waterfall flowed into the river down below. 





The rock layers we spotted along the trail were simply fascinating. 
Along the trail, we often spotted many unique types of mushrooms. 

The next hike we did was to see an arch.
More neat rock layers along the trail.
And there's the arch with a singular tree blocking a nice view of it. There was a steep path to continue up farther, but we decided not to since it was already late into the afternoon. 

Do you like hiking? Have you hiked recently? 

2 comments:

  1. I used to love hiking, but I can't so any rough patches anymore due to balance issues in rough terrain. However, your photos are breathtaking, Ashley, and it looks like you and your friend had a wonderful time. I wouldn't mind living/working near the Ark, too!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I can see the unbalanced terrain being an issue.
      Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!