Thursday, November 23, 2023

Wishing You the Happiest of Thanksgivings!

 Happy Thanksgiving friend! 
I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating Thanksgiving with family and/or friends. As we reflect on this day, what is something you're especially thankful for? 
I'm so thankful for God's goodness and constant faithfulness in my own life. I'm thankful for not only the sunshiny days that God allows, but also for the stormy days. Even through storms, God brings blessings, and he always remains the same. He's enriched my life with so many sweet gifts, and I'm so glad we get to take a day to pause and remember. 
Isaiah 51:6 says, "Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished." I read this verse today and it reminded me of the constancy of God. The heavens, earth, and those that live on earth will fade away, but God's salvation and righteousness will remain forever. What an awesome promise! 

"Come, ye thankful people, come, raise the song of harvest home. 
All is safely gathered in, ere the winter storms begin.
God our Maker doth provide for our wants to be supplied. 
Come to God's own temple, come; raise the song of harvest home."

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise him, all creatures here below. 
Praise him above, ye heav'nly host. 
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. 
Amen. 


Isaiah 25:1
O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. 


2 comments:

  1. We are so very blessed, abundantly and far beyond! Happy Thanksgiving to you Ashley. It is a source of strength for me to look to the Lord's creation, and realize that He has everything in control, and we can trust Him. Blessings to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!