Friday, September 27, 2024

Honduras ~ part 5

 May 24th the missionaries took us and a visiting team from Washington to the city to do "touristy" things. 
Saw this beautiful cathedral on the way. 
Kristel, Cora, & I
First, we stopped at a Dunkin Donuts and of course we had to take 3 polaroid pictures. 😅
By the way, the Dunkin Donuts in Honduras has some really good drinks American Dunkins don't have. Example, a Dunkinchino. I've tried to find something similar but just can't. But I think it'd be a bestseller here. :) 
Next, we walked around an indoor market where there were probably close to 100 little booths set up, each run by different people. It's a fabulous place to go as a visitor and buy souvenirs. I got to practice bargaining here - so fun! Some goods are priced higher because a lot of Americans shop, but many things are very reasonable. Kristel and I walked around together and found a couple items. 



We got matching bracelets. How I miss this precious sister so much. 

Next stop: Dennys. We had to wait a while for a table since we had so many people. I think I ate at Dennys 3 times which is way more than I have in the U.S. They have a few different menu items and it's actually good food. One time Kristel and I got milkshakes, and not only did they serve us the milkshake in the glass, but also the leftover milkshake that couldn't fit in the cup. They just brought it to us in the blender. lol. 
On our way there. 
Final stop was visiting Pulhapanzak falls. It's a lovely place where you can go to camp or stay overnight in the cabanas located on the property. They also offer ziplining and hiking. Since we arrived a little over an hour before the site closed, we could only pick one activity. Some of our group chose to hike underneath the falls and swim in the water and some of us chose ziplining over the falls. 










There are 7 zip lines altogether. 
Kara, Trenton, I, and 3 people from the group from Washington went ziplining.

It's a gorgeous site. Here are a couple videos of the falls. Ziplining video was taken by Kristel. :)



When standing at the overlook, we could feel the mist of the water.
Thanks for following along as I share these precious memories. If you have any questions about Honduras, feel free to ask! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!