Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Let God Be Magnified

Hello my lovely readers,

Last night I was reading Psalms, and I came across this verse, which I thought was really neat. Psalms 70:4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. But as I kept reading on and on, another verse stood out to me that was even neater than 70:4. Psalms 72:18 declares, Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things. I kept thinking about that one part- "...who only doeth wondrous things." This morning I looked up the word wondrous in a dictionary, and found this meaning: exciting wonder: so good or admirable as to inspire wonder or awe.

Then I started thinking about many things that God did in the Old Testament and in the New, and found out that His doings are really wondrous. Here are a few examples of things that God did that are wondrous.
He:
  • Created the world-Gen. 1:1-25
  • Created man-Gen. 1:27
  • Sent a flood which covered the whole earth-Gen.6:17
  • Confounded the people of Babel's language-Gen. 11:7
  • Made a covenant with Abraham-Gen. 12:2-3
  • Spared Lot from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah-Gen. 19:16
  • Used Joseph to save a nation of people- Gen. 45:5-8
  • Parted the Red Sea for the children of Israel when they were leaving Egypt - Gen. 14:14-16
  • Used judges to deliver his people from oppression-Judges
  • Gave up his only Son, Jesus, to die on the cross so all men could be forgiven and saved. -Ephesians 1:7 "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;"
I could go on and on as I look through Scripture and find many accounts that testify God working wonders, but I think you get the point. I'm glad the Lord only does wondrous things, and not just mediocre things, aren't you? 

I guess that concludes my thoughts on Psalms 72:18. 

        Hope you have a sweet day walking with the Lord.
                         Your friend,
                            Ashley

 Have you found a cool verse that you really like recently?                   Comment below! I would love to hear it! :)   

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ashley for the encouragement. God truly is wondrous. I'm going to be thinking on what you wrote about Psalm 72 for probably the rest of the evening... I hope. Thanks again for setting my mind on things above. -Keith Marcinkus

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Ashley, what a beautiful post full of encouragement. I greatly appreciate you sharing with Roses of Inspiration and I hope you're able to join us again this week.

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!