Last night I was reading Psalms, and I came across this verse, which I thought was really neat. Psalms 70:4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. But as I kept reading on and on, another verse stood out to me that was even neater than 70:4. Psalms 72:18 declares, Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things. I kept thinking about that one part- "...who only doeth wondrous things." This morning I looked up the word wondrous in a dictionary, and found this meaning: exciting wonder: so good or admirable as to inspire wonder or awe.
Then I started thinking about many things that God did in the Old Testament and in the New, and found out that His doings are really wondrous. Here are a few examples of things that God did that are wondrous.
- Created the world-Gen. 1:1-25
- Created man-Gen. 1:27
- Sent a flood which covered the whole earth-Gen.6:17
- Confounded the people of Babel's language-Gen. 11:7
- Made a covenant with Abraham-Gen. 12:2-3
- Spared Lot from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah-Gen. 19:16
- Used Joseph to save a nation of people- Gen. 45:5-8
- Parted the Red Sea for the children of Israel when they were leaving Egypt - Gen. 14:14-16
- Used judges to deliver his people from oppression-Judges
- Gave up his only Son, Jesus, to die on the cross so all men could be forgiven and saved. -Ephesians 1:7 "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;"
I guess that concludes my thoughts on Psalms 72:18.
Hope you have a sweet day walking with the Lord.
Have you found a cool verse that you really like recently? Comment below! I would love to hear it! :)