Sunday, July 5, 2015

Our God, He is Alive // Creation Moment

Greetings to you all!
I found this awesome song called "Our God, He is Alive", which is a new favorite of mine, so I thought I'd share it. You can watch it below.  Hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think of the song. 


I can't remember the last time I posted a Creation Moment, so I decided I should have one on this post today. Today's Creation Moment: The Word's Ugliest Animal
Romans 5:8
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
BlobfishWhen this fish it taken out of the water, its face almost looks like a very sad person. In 2013 it was voted the "World's Ugliest Animal." What is this creature that was adopted as the mascot of the Ugly Animal Preservation Society? It's the appropriately named Blobfish.
Photos of the ugly Blobfiish have been making the rounds on the Internet. And yet, even the Blobfish has beauty when you consider that it was designed to function perfectly in its environment. Blobfish inhabit the deep waters off the coasts of Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand. If you want to see one in its natural habitat, you would have to dive to a depth of between 2,000 and 3,900 feet where the pressure is several dozen times higher than at sea level. The pressure is no problem for the Blobfish, though. Its jelly-like body is slightly less dense than water, allowing it to float effortlessly just above the sea floor. 
Blobfish don't have much muscle for swimming, but they don't need it. They simply swallowed edible matter that floats into their mouth. Sadly, they are an endangered species because of fishing trawlers dragging their nets on the seafloor.
Yes, the Blobfish is far from attractive. But it serves as a reminder that sinful human beings are unattractive in the sight of God. And yet, while we were still sinners, God sent His Son to die for us and to exchange His righteousness for our sins, making us acceptable in God's sight. What a Savior!
creationmoments.com

Bible verse of the week: 2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day yesterday! 
Have a good and godly week!
Love,
Ashley

7 comments:

  1. THANK YOU Ashley for this Precious Moments. It is very interesting. I think the Blogfish is the "ugliest" creature that I have ever seen in my life. But then, it would most likely take a look at me, and think the same thing about me. I see this creature and think of some immoral, wicked government officials, (will refrain from naming them), and this Blogfish, in comparison, is BEAUTIFUL. Lol. "OUR GOD, HE IS ALIVE", is so pretty. Never heard it before, but it is also one of my favorite songs as well. Thanks for sharing it with us. Ashley, you are doing a wonderful job with Precious Moments, and I look forward to reading each and every one. COME ON, EVERYONE. LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET HER KNOW HOW MUCH WE APPRECIATE WHAT SHE IS DOING!!! Nana Rector

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've nominated you for the Famous People Award. Here is the link: http://lordsgirls.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-famous-people-award-from-jessica.html
    Hope you have fun!


    -Trinity from lordsgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, wow!! I've seen some of those before!! hehe.. i agree with what you said about comparing it to the ugliness of our sins!
    Thanks for posting this!!

    ~Emma

    pictureperfectionistbyemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of the blobfish before but this was very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley,
    Loved the Blobfish. It's ugly but sweet, like Miss Piggie. God has a sense or humor to create such a Blobfish. Love A. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother, who is 16, wrote a big report on the blobfish. He made a poster too. All the girls at school were grossing out :)
    ~Kara

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!