Saturday, July 25, 2015

Life post #2

Good morning sweet friends and a happy Saturday to you.
I've been wanting to write about what I've been doing for Bible for the past 7 weeks. At the beginning of the summer, June 1st, I joined a Summer Devotions Pursuit hosted by Amy Vest at Loving the Lord Ministries.  
The rules that L.T.L.M. made up are as follows:
-Spend at least 15 minutes a day in devotions with the Lord (including 5 minutes of Bible reading).
-Memorize at least 1 Bible verse a week and recite it to your accountability partner. 
-Call your accountability partner once ever two weeks to check up on daily devotions, memorizing, and to share prayer requests.
At the end of the week, I need to have a total of 105 minutes. I have a chart which helps me keep track of how many minutes I read a day and how many verses I memorize a week. 

Reading my Bible every day is sometimes easy, but sometimes can be challenging. During last week, I found myself pushing Bible reading aside, and not reading everyday.

Since I can read whatever book I want, some days I just skip around to different books, but mainly I continue reading in chronological order. I started reading in chronological order on August 10th, 2014. I'm in Isaiah right now. It was cool to read some chapters in 2 Kings, and then I would skip and read Joel, then back to 2 Kings, then Hosea and so on. It's really cool to see how the Bible fits together like a puzzle. Reading it in chronological order ties everything together, and it's fascinating. If anyone would like a free schedule which has all the books in chronological order to read in a year, you can click here and order one, or however many you would like. 

So far, I have read a total of 1,157 minutes, which is a little over 19 1/12 hours. The longest time I read for in one day is 76 minutes. And the total number of verses memorized so far is 13. I'm working on memorizing a few verses this week.

This has been a wonderful challenge for me, and I look forward to seeing what new things I learn, and what God does in my heart in the next 6 weeks. 

Also, I have decided to move Creation Moment month to September, because I have something special I want to publish, which will probably take a few posts.  :)


I hope you have a very blessed and special weekend friends!

God's richest blessings to you, 
Ashley
Psalms 103:1-4
Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!