I hope you're all having a godly, profitable day.
I have access to a 7 part large print Bible, and it's pretty neat. In the front of the Bible, there's a few pages about reading your Bible through. First off, I want to encourage you to read your Bible through if you've never done it before. Reading the Bible is how we know what God's will and mind is. In the pages are answers for life's questions; it's a road map God's given us to guide Christians through life. I've read the Bible in order with my family for several years, and a couple years by myself. The first time I read it through (by myself) in about 5 months. I'm reading it in chronological order currently, and it's so interesting to see how the Bible books fit together. We need to read the Bible because "man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." as Matthew 4:4 mentions.
So here are a few things the author mentioned. :)
- 2/3 of the books in the Bible can be read in 30 minutes or less. So if you read one hour daily for seven weeks, you can read the Bible seven times a year! WOW!!!! If anyone accomplishes this, please leave a comment and let me know! You deserve to win the Bible. ;)
- Praying and studying do not take the place of reading the Bible.
- 98% of believers never read the Bible through. That is so sad and shameful. And why people fail to read through the Bible is because they have no desire, plan, or system. I think another reason is because people aren't encouraged to read it anymore.
- People look upon Bible reading as a duty, rather than a pleasure. But don't forget we do have an adversary that doesn't want you to read the Bible or understand it. There are many many people in this world that don't have one Bible to read, but when they finally do have access to one, they're extremely grateful for it and treasure the Bible. So just because we have easy access to lots of Bibles, don't take it for granted because one day you might not be able to get a copy or read it. That's one reason why it's good to hide God's word in your hearts now.
Praying to God-I talk to God.
Studying the Bible-I talk to others.
Here are a few tings to keep in mind that will help you with successful reading:
1. Purpose to know God's will found in the Bible.
2. Schedule reading a set number of pages each day to finish on a set day. Sticking to the schedule as close as you can will help you to succeed and form a good habit.
3. Keep a record of times you read the Bible through.
I made up a schedule when I read through the Bible in about 5 months; it helped me stay on track and know what I was going to read the next day. If anyone would like a copy of my helpful schedule, I'd be glad to give you one. :)
So for those of you who are currently reading your Bibles through, don't give up. Don't quit. Spend time with your Saviour. You'll be glad you did. :D
In the Word which became flesh,
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.