Monday, August 17, 2015

Reading through the Bible (Special post 1)

Hello again friends!

I hope you're all having a godly,  profitable day.

I have access to a 7 part large print Bible, and it's pretty neat. In the front of the Bible, there's a few pages about reading your Bible through.  First off, I want to encourage you to read your Bible through if you've never done it before. Reading the Bible is how we know what God's will and mind is. In the pages are answers for life's questions; it's a road map God's given us to guide Christians through life. I've read the Bible in order with my family for several years, and a couple years by myself.  The first time I read it through (by myself) in about 5 months.  I'm reading it in chronological order currently, and it's so interesting to see how the Bible books fit together.  We need to read the Bible because "man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." as Matthew 4:4 mentions.

 So here are a few things the author mentioned.  :) 
  • 2/3 of the books in the Bible can be read in 30 minutes or less. So if you read one hour daily for seven weeks, you can read the Bible seven times a year! WOW!!!! If anyone accomplishes this, please leave a comment and let me know! You deserve to win the Bible.  ;)
  • Praying and studying do not take the place of reading the Bible.  
  • 98% of believers never read the Bible through. That is so sad and shameful.  And why people fail to read through the Bible is because they have no desire,  plan, or system. I think another reason is because people aren't encouraged to read it anymore.
  • People look upon Bible reading as a duty, rather than a pleasure. But  don't forget we do have an adversary that doesn't want you to read the Bible or understand it.  There are many many people in this world that don't have one Bible to read, but when they finally do have access to one, they're extremely grateful for it and treasure the Bible.   So just because we have easy access to lots of Bibles, don't take it for granted because one day you might not be able to get a copy or read it. That's one reason why it's good to hide God's word in your hearts now.
Reading the Bible-God talks to me. 
Praying to God-I talk to God. 
Studying the Bible-I talk to others.

Here are a few tings to keep in mind that will help you with successful reading: 

1. Purpose to know God's will found in the Bible. 
2.  Schedule reading a set number of pages each day to finish on a set day. Sticking to the schedule as close as you can will help you to succeed and form a good habit. 
3.  Keep a record of times you read the Bible through. 

I made up a schedule when I read through the Bible in about 5 months; it helped me stay on track and know what I was going to read the next day. If anyone would like a copy of my helpful schedule, I'd be glad to give you one.  :) 

So for those of you who are currently reading your Bibles through, don't give up. Don't quit. Spend time with your Saviour. You'll be glad you did.  :D

In the Word which became flesh,
Ashley
Psalms 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

10 comments:

  1. I have actually never read my bible through with a schedule. Maybe I should.

    http://hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! You should certainly try it!
      Love,
      Ashley

      Delete
  2. Ashley, you are such an encouragement. You are bringing such joy to your mama's heart. Keep up the good work my sweet, precious daughter. I know God has great plans for you. I am so thankful He has entrusted you to your daddy and me. May the Lord continue to bless you as you serve Him.
    With love,
    Your grateful mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have once in about 26 days. I used this year long plan (http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf) but just reading 12 blocks per day or more.

    I didnt go in order either, actually, at all but got a lot out of it and want to read again :)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is really neat that you read the Bible in 26 days!!! Keep reading! Are you currently reading it through again?
      Love,
      Ashley

      Delete
  4. Amen Ashley!! I didn't know that . . . I started a reading plan for my Bible but i'm definitely trying this out! Thank you for posting this; it was such an encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the schedule works for you. I am glad this post was encouraging. :)
      Keep reading!
      Love,
      Ashley

      Delete
  5. My dear Ashley, I truly appreciate you sharing this wonderful and helpful post with Roses of Inspiration.

    I hope you are having a lovely week, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ashley, so nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. Love this post and the importance of reading our bibles. Great schedule idea too. I have the bible on my iphone too so I can read anywhere anytime. Wishing you a blessed day.
    Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ashley, thanks for stopping by my blog, and the lovely comment. Great post, and thanks for such encouragement to read our bibles. My prayer is for nothing less than for you to love Jesus more.

    Nontie (visiting from A Victorious Woman of Faith blog - nontokozomaposa.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!