Saturday, August 29, 2015

What the people of the Bible thought about God's Word

Saturday greetings to you all! I did a little studying about what some people in the Bible thought about God's Word. Here are my findings. 

 David's thoughts- In Psalms 119:70, David writes that he "delights in God's law". In verse 42, he writes that he "trusts in God's word." In vs.50, David said God's word quickened him. In vs. 103, God's words are sweeter than honey. In vs. 161, David mentioned that he stands in awe of God's word. In vs. 34, David said he would keep God's law and observe it with his whole heart. In vs. 44, he said he would keep God's law for ever. In vs. 72, David wrote that God's law is better than thousands of gold and silver. In vs. 77, David said God's law is his delight. In vs. 97, he wrote, "O how I love thy law! It is my meditation all the day."In chapter 40:8, David wrote "I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart." He delighted to do God's will and had his words hidden in his heart. We should be like that. We should love God and his Word so much that we are constantly mediating on it, and delighting to do what He says in the Bible.

Solomon's thoughts- Proverbs 4:4- "He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live."

In Job 4:4, Job said "Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees."

1 Kings 2:3, David told his son Solomon, "And keep the charge of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:"

In Colossians 3:16, Paul admonishes us to let the Word of Christ dwell richly in us and influence our lives. "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."

There are many more references referring to what God's people thought of His Word, but I'm going to end there. As David, Solomon, Job, and Paul said,  Delight in God's Word, be quickened by the Word, Love the Word and keep God's commandments, Let the Word dwell in you, meditate on the Word, walk in His ways, and hide the Word in your heart. 

Have a fabulous weekend friends.
Blessings to you in the Lord,
Ashley

8 comments:

  1. This was a very good post Ashley! I enjoyed reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelby. I'm happy you liked it. :D

      Delete
  2. Thank you Ashley for sharing these precious verses from God's word. You have been a blessing to me today!

    I am new to your site, so I will be signing up to receive all your future e-mails!

    God's Blessings, Net

    http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Net,
      Praise the Lord my blog was a blessing to you. :) It's my prayer it will bless people and encourage them. :)

      Thank you for following! :D
      Hugs and blessings in Christ,
      Ashley

      Delete
  3. Scripture says, "The Word IS God." No wonder so many people take such delight in studying and analyzing the Word of God. The more we study, the more amazing things we discover, and the deeper in love we fall, with our Heavenly Father. It gives those of us who have been "born again", such hope....joy....directions in life......love for those who have been such an inspiration to us, as they are Biblical Characters, who have gone through so much of what we have gone through, and even MORE, and yet, they remained strong in the Lord. A GREAT example for us to follow. THANK YOU, Ashley, for the time and effort you put in, to bring us such inspirational and up-lifting insights, with PRECIOUS MOMENTS. Love you much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nana,
      Thank you for your wonderful comment. You know I always love hearing from you. :D
      My pleasure. Praise the Lord. I love you so much too! :D
      Love,
      Ashley

      Delete
  4. Thank you, dear Ashley, for a beautiful post and the wonderful reminder of how precious God's Word is to us. It reminds me of how thankful I am to have memorized Scripture when I was younger, because God brings those passages to mind and applies them to my heart at just the right times. Wishing you a blessed Lord's Day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Praise the Lord-I'm so thrilled you loved this post. :)
      Hugs back to you!
      Blessings in Christ,
      Ashley

      Delete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!