Saturday, August 1, 2015

More Love To Thee, O Christ

 More love to Thee, O Christ, more love to Thee!
Hear Thou the prayer I make on bended knee.
This is my earnest plea: More love, O Christ, to Thee;
More love to Thee, more love to Thee!
Once earthly joy I craved, sought peace and rest;
Now Thee alone I seek, give what is best.
This all my prayer shall be: More love, O Christ to Thee;
More love to Thee, more love to Thee! 
 Let sorrow do its work, come grief or pain;
Sweet are Thy messengers, sweet their refrain,
When they can sing with me: More love, O Christ, to Thee;
More love to Thee, more love to Thee!
Then shall my latest breath whisper Thy praise;
This be the parting cry my heart shall raise;
This still its prayer shall be: More love, O Christ to Thee;
More love to Thee, more love to Thee!
*Many thanks to my daddy for taking a couple of the pictures.*
I hope you all are having a lovely, good and godly week!
Singing his praises,
Ashley
Psalms 34:1-3
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, dear Ashley, for this beautiful post. As I read the words I gently hummed the tune to this precious hymn. And the pictures are simply lovely!

    Have a blessed Sunday. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I like how you had pictures of the beach because I think the beach is really one of the most holy places on earth
    -V
    simplyperfectme.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley~this was absolutely beautiful! That hymn is such a blessed encouragement and your photos...gorgeous.

    May you be blessed as you faithfully serve our Previous Savior.

    Joy to you! Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!