Friday, August 21, 2015

The Bible Is......The Word of God & Awesome!

A happy day to you, friends!
The Bible is called many different names, some of which we are going to look at today.
The Word of God is...
Pure - 
Psalms 12:6 "The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times."  
Psalms 119:140 "Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it."
Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."
Settled -
Psalms 119:89 "For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven."
Sweet -
Psalms 119:103 "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
A Lamp/Light -
Psalms 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
True/Truth -
Psalms 119:160 "Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever."
John 17:17 "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."
(Jesus was talking to His Father in verse 17.)
Ephesians 1:13 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise."
Forever -
Matthew 24:35 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."
 1 Peter 1:23 "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."
1 Peter 1:25 "But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you."
God -
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
the Sword of the Spirit -
Ephesians 6:17 "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:"
Life -
Philippians 2:16 "Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain." 
Quick, powerful, & sharp -
Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any towedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." 
Good -
Hebrews 6:5 "And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hope you enjoyed reading the names describing the Word of God is called.  
Have a sweet day filled with the love of Jesus. 
Yours truly in Christ,
Ashley

6 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed reading these posts about God's Word. I especially love this one on the descriptions of God's Word in the Bible. What a blessing to see a young person who studies and prioritizes His Word. It is a priceless gift!

    - Becky G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. I did sign up to follow. Lovely posts and inspiring, sharing in the verses. These are some of my favorites. Wishing you a blessed day.
    Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ashley, thank you for visiting my blog, and it's a joy to hop over and visit with you today. I love the wonderful Scripture verses you share, and it's always so wonderful to remember the many names of God. How precious to read these and be encouraged, dear friend! Thank you, and I shall visit again! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, Ashley! Matthew 5:16 was the verse in my devotional today! And look where I found it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love how many good things the Lords word is and how all beautiful and wonderful things come from God. Inspiring and sweet post, thanks for sharing!

    Alexis @ www.chemistrycachet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful and encouraging post, dear Ashley! God's Word is indeed all these things - AMEN!

    I am so glad you were able to join Roses of Inspiration this week. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!