Sunday, November 20, 2016

I'm Thankful For...A Day of Rest ~~Day 20

I'm thankful for a day of rest.
 
Isn't it relaxing to rest a whole day after working six days? From the beginning, God instituted a day of rest for his people. Even though God didn't need to rest after He created everything, Genesis 2:2 says "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." To rest means to cease from a particular activity. God was simply taking a break from creating, thence establishing a day of rest.  I read that rest is so important to life that the vital organs are designed with built-in rest periods. The heart rests between each beat, and the lungs between each breath. The stomach rests between each meal if it is given time. The central nervous system is recharged during sleep. Rest and relaxation cannot take the place of sleep, however. God designed human beings to be awake during the day and asleep at night. And how thankful I am for rest. :)

Hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving week!
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, how important rest is! I love how you put it.
    What an awesome idea, a thankful challenge!
    Happy thanksgiving week to you to!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!