Wednesday, November 30, 2016

I'm Thankful For...The Bible ~~~ Day 30

A happy hello to you all!

I'm thankful for the Bible. 

Wow! Has November flew by or what! I can't believe this is the last day of November, and we're about to enter December. Before we know it, the new year will be here. 

Since today is the last day of the 30 days of thankfulness, I decided I would be thankful for the Bible since it's the most important and precious thing in the world.  I know it's so very easy to take the Bible for granted, since copies are readily available to us. I also know how easy it is to go about our day and not spend a minute reading the Bible. In order for us as Christians to draw close to our Father, we have to spend time with Him daily, reading the Word and praying. God cares for us more than we could ever imagine, and He desires His children to have a close relationship with Him, as an earthly father would. Sadly, sometimes we find ourselves putting off devotion time due to the busy schedule we hold, or the reason we just have more important things to do. At the end of the day, we realize that we never did make time for God or reading His Word. But if you desire to be like Christ and have true joy, we all must put Christ first in our lives.  HE has to be priority number one. 

Here's a song that I think fits perfectly with this post. :) (
If you're viewing this post on your email and the video doesn't appear, click here.)

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2 comments:

  1. Totally true! I'm thankful for the Bible. I wouldn't be where I am without it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Word of God is truth that we can stand on, a foundation secure and sure, in the shifting sands of the world we live on. I'm thankful for the Word of God too, His words to us throughout the generations, how blessed we are! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!