Thursday, November 10, 2016

I'm Thankful ...That I Was A Poll Worker ~~~ Day 8

I'm thankful that I got to be a poll worker on Election Day! 
I didn't realize how much fun working at the polls could be! Nor how much work goes into
setting up everything. There were five other people who worked at our precinct with me. There is a Clerk, (she is the head of the precinct) an assistant Clerk, and four Inspectors. 
Inspectors have a couple jobs- they hand ballots out to voters and explain how to cast their votes properly; Inspectors swipe voter's license on the Evid when they come in and hand the voter a "receipt", which the voter takes and gives to the Inspector who's handing out the ballots.  It's a long day-I had to be at the precinct at 5:45 in the morning to help set up everything. Then all the workers had to help close and seal up everything at 7 pm. 
At our precinct, 795 people came and voted.  
Overall it was a very fun day, and I'm thankful I was able to work on Election Day. :) 

Have you ever been a poll worker? 
Did you vote this past Tuesday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!