Sunday, June 21, 2015

Recap: Massachusetts vacation part 2

On day 4 of our trip, Saturday, we drove to Plymouth to take a Christian Heritage Tour. After arriving at the Jenny Museum, we drove a couple miles away to the Founding Father's Statue.

The monument was comprised of 4 statues, and they all represented something. The tour guide was really awesome, and he told us alot of things about the statue that we wouldn't have known by looking at it on our own.






This statue was supposed to be twice the height, but the Civil War was going on at that time, and there wasn't enough funds to finish the project. Abraham Lincoln did send in a $10 check to help with the building, though. 
After our guide finished talking about the statue, he led us around Plymouth. 






 
 While we were walking to see the Mayflower, my little sister found a baby bird on a rock by the creek, and she picked it up. I held it after her, and placed it on a rock. We watched the mom come and feed it after the baby started chirping for her. It was so sweet! And cute. :) It wasn't there when we walked by later, so it probably flew away with the mom.

This statue of William Bradford was supposed to be taller also, but because of the lack of funding it had to be made shorter. (It was supposed to be as tall as the Massasoit statue, which you'll see below.)

                     Look here!!!!!! This is Plymouth Rock which the Pilgrims stepped on!!!!!

This statue was erected to commemorate the women who came over on the Mayflower.

Under that covering sits Plymouth Rock, and lots of people staring at it. 
Click on this above picture to enhance it.
The picture on the left shows the Mayflower Passengers. The picture on the right shows those who made it to the first Thanksgiving in 1621. Again, click on the picture to see it better. 
After the tour finished, we took our lunch to a little picnic area.


There were Canadian Geese with their little goslings! There were 2 families, and the babies were so adorable and fluffy!  



Then as we were looking across the lake, we spotted Swans!!!!! The male Swan was swimming in the water, and the momma Swan was sitting on her huge nest with 2 little baby swans poking their little heads out.

  


 
The picture on the right wasn't cooperating, so I had to put it next to the picture of the replica of the Mayflower.

Now I would like to give a gigantic shout-out to my super duper special daddy, and say,


I hope all of you had a joyful time blessing your fathers today, and I wish all of the dads a happy father's day. 
This is already a long enough post, so I'm just going to end with a quick Bible verse.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."

With so much love in Jesus,
Ashley

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about the trip in such a way I felt like I was there. :)

    teengirlreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure!! I'm glad you felt like that. :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome post, Ashley! I love all of the pictures! Also I tagged you:) http://reasonstosmile4jesus.blogspot.com/2015/06/3-tags.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clara. :) And thank you for tagging me. I am not able to do it right now, but hopefully I will be able to in the future. :)

      Love,
      Ashley

      Delete
  3. The baby bird is so cute! My parents just bought some finches which should hopefully have some baby birds in the future. We have two now but she wants to get a least six more. 😀 love all of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!