Monday, October 31, 2016

Thy Word is Like a Garden, Lord

 Thy Word is Like a Garden, Lord
By: Edwin Hodder

Thy Word is like a garden, Lord, with flowers bright and fair, 
And everyone who seeks may pluck a lovely cluster there. 
Thy Word is like a deep, deep mine; and jewels rich and rare 
are hidden in its mighty depths for every searcher there.
Thy Word is like a starry host: a thousand rays of light
are seen to guide the traveler and make his pathway bright. 
Thy Word is like an armory, where soldiers may repair;
And find, for life's long battle day, all needful weapons there. 
 
Oh, may I love Thy precious Word, may I explore the mine, 
may I its fragrant flowers glean, may light upon me shine!
Oh, may I find my armor there! Thy Word my trusty sword,
I'll learn to fight with every foe the battle of the Lord.
Matthew 6:28
And why take ye thought for rainment? Consider the lilies of the field,
how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

Psalms 119:140
Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

Psalms 119:127
Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above
fine gold.


~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow, November 1st, starts the 30 days of Thankfulness,
which means I'll be posting something I'm thankful for every day. :)
If you would like to participate in this challenge on your blog,
go right ahead! Or you can just leave a comment with what you're
thankful for. :)
~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all have a very good and godly week!

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Ashley! :D I had never heard that poem before but it was great, and I like the pictures you added. Did you take them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah. Here is a link so you can listen to the song. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PGpHwR8PtK4
      And yes, I did take the pictures. :)

      Love in Christ,
      Ashley

      Delete
    2. Oh, it's a song? I guess I just thought that it was a poem. ;) Thanks, I'll have to go listen to it!
      Cool. :) I really like the pictures. :)

      Delete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!