Sunday, February 12, 2017

How Wonderful Is God's Love!

Greetings to you all!
I hope you had a sweet Lord's day. Since Valentine's day is 
coming up, this post is going to be a collection of hymns and 
Scriptures about the best kind of love that has been given, and 
the best kind there is: God's love. 

"O Love That Will Not Let Me Go"
O love that wilt not let me go, 
I rest my weary soul on Thee;
I give Thee back the life I owe, 
That inThine ocean depths it's flow
May richer, fuller be. 

Love divine, all loves excelling,
Joy of heav'n to earth come down;
Fix us in Thy humble dwelling;
All Thy faithful mercies crown. 
Jesus, Thou art all compassion, 
Pure, unbounded love Thou art;
Visit us with Thy salvation; 
Enter ev'ry trembling heart. 

*"O Love That Will Not Let Me Go"*
~~~~~
Once my way was dark and dreary, 
For my heart was full of sin,
But the sky is bright and cheery,
Since the fullness of His love came in. 

I can never tell how much I love Him,
I can never tell His love for me; 
For it passeth human measure,
Like a deep, unfathomed sea; 

'This redeeming love in Christ my Savior, 
In my soul the heav'nly joys begin; 
And I live for Jesus only,
Since the fullness of His love came in. 

*"Since the Fullness of His Love Came In"*
~~~~~
Of Jesus' love that sought me, when I was lost in sin;
Of wondrous grace that brought me back to His fold again;
Of heights and depths of mercy, far deeper than the sea,
And higher than the heavens, my theme shall ever be.

Sweeter as the years go by, sweeter as the years go by;
Richer, fuller, deeper, Jesus' love is sweeter, sweeter as the years go by.

*"Sweeter As the Years Go By"*
~~~~~
Yes, sweeter are Thy mercies, O Savior divine, 
In tender compassion Thou modest me Thine;
With Thee will I journey till life's day is done,
And all thro' the ages give praise to the Son.

O wonderful love that saved me from sin,
O wonderful love that cleansed me within; 
His Spirit bears witness with mine that I'm saved,
All glory to Jesus, I'm saved, I'm saved, I'm saved!

*"O Wonderful Love"*
~~~~~
1 John 4:19- "We love him, because he first loved us."
~~~~~
Christ Jesus my Lord from heaven came,
To save me from guilt and sin and shame;
His death on the cross of Calvary
Brought pardon and gave me liberty.

I love Him because He first loved me, 
He first loved me, He first loved me;
I love Him because He first loved me,
And died on the cross of Calvary. 

*"I Love Him Because He First Loved Me"*
~~~~~
1 John 3:1 - "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God:  therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not."
~~~~~
Jeremiah 31:3- "The Lord hath appeared of old unto me,saying, Yea, I have loved the with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee."
~~~~~
Have a wonderful, good and godly week.
Happy Valentine's Day.

In the love of Christ,

Ashley 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful hymns! Love the second one especially. And thanks for sharing the verses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, wonderful, marvelous words that bring delight to my soul! May the Lord bless your tender heart for him, dear Ashley!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!