Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Jesus Cares

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained too deeply for mirth and song;
As the burdens press, and the cares distress, and the way grows weary and long?
O yes, He cares; I know He cares, His heart is touched with my grief; 
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary, I know my Savior cares. 

Does Jesus care when my way is dark with a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades, does He care enough to be near?
O yes, He cares; I know He cares, His heart is touched with my grief; 
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary, I know my Savior cares. 

Does Jesus care when I've tried and failed to resist some temptation strong;
When for my deep grief I find no relief, tho' my tears flow all the night lone?
O yes, He cares; I know He cares, His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary, I know my Savior cares. 

Does Jesus care when I've said "goodby" to the dearest on earth to me,
And my sad heart aches till it nearly breaks - Is it aught to Him? Does He see?
O yes, He cares; I know He cares, His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary, I know my Savior cares. 

I just love these pensive words of this sweet hymn. In Hebrews chapter 4, the writer says "For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we, yet without sin."
Isaiah 53:3 tells us that "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not."
Jesus came to earth as a man, and he experienced sorrow, pain, distress, and grief. How comforting is the thought that Jesus is touched with the feelings of our infirmities, and He knows what it feels like when our hearts are grieved, when a loved one dies, when we find no relief for our deep grief, and when the days are weary and the long nights dreary. Our loving Savior, Jesus, always cares. But not only does He just care about what you're feeling or going through, He also takes care of us and has promised to never leave or forsake His children. 

May you be filled with the peace of knowing that Jesus always cares for you.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Ashley. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true and comforting!
    I went through an ectopic pregnancy and loss a couple months ago and this song and that very verse, Isaiah 53:3, were so comforting to me. "Yes, Jesus cares! Jesus knows sorrow and grief. He can feel my pain!"
    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad this song encouraged you. Hugs to you! :)

      Delete
  3. So true and comforting :) thanks for sharing Ashley!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful verses you shared to accompany this precious hymn... oh how marvelous to know He cares for us so tenderly, and we are safe in His care! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!