Monday, March 12, 2018

There is a Fountain

There Is a Fountain
By: William Cowper

There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Immanuel's veins;
And sinners, plunged beneath that flood, lose all their guilty stains:
Lose all their guilty stains. Lose all their guilty stains;
And sinners, plunged beneath that flood, lose all their guilty stains. 

The dying thief rejoiced to see that fountain in his day;
And there may I, though vile as he, wash all my sins away:
Wash all my sins away, wash all my sins away;
And there may I, though vile as he, wash all my sins away. 

Dear dying Lamb, thy precious blood shall never lose its power
Till all the ransomed church of God be saved to sin no more:
Be saved to sin no more, be saved to sin no more;
Till all the ransomed church of God be saved to sin no more. 

E'er since by faith I saw the stream Thy flowing wounds supply,
Redeeming love has been my theme, and shall be till I die:
And shall be till I die, and shall be till I die;
Redeeming love has been my theme, and shall be till I die.
As I was contemplating this song the other day, I had a new thought. Cleanliness is important. Most people take a shower at least once a day, or every other day. Just as washing dirt and old skin from our physical bodies is important, so is washing sin and filth out of our spiritual lives. The song says, "sinners, plunged beneath that flood, lose all their guilty stains." If you can, imagine the cross with a little shower head at the top. As you stand underneath, Jesus' very own blood runs out and washes your heart clean. Sometimes it seems we let our lives become so full that we neglect our daily washing. Soon, our hearts are getting cleansed only once a week, and then it might even turn into once a month. And oh how tragic that is! Jesus is ready and willing to plunge us all underneath his blood so we can be free from impurities. Our world is full of toxins and you will daily come in contact with things that contaminate your heart. Deal with it daily and go to the life-giving flow that Jesus offers so you can be washed white as snow. And so you can be changed from the inside out. Once we are changed from the inside out, we, as God's children, can be rivers for God; for we were not created to be mud puddles. We need to be pouring out His love, kindness, grace, & mercy, to all those around us. Dear friends, allow the sweet, refreshing flow of the Holy Spirit flow through you to everyone you meet.

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. ~Ephesians 6:13

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. ~1 John 1:7

I'm praying for you all! 




2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. Love the hymn. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this reminder! Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart..."
    Just started a blog and would love it if you stopped by!
    -Brooklyne
    bensshowersofblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!