Saturday, August 4, 2018

Chicken Update

A few weeks ago, the girls and I brought home 7 Silkie chicks. A lady on craigslist was giving 7 away, so Deborah called immediately. :) Since they hatched on May 15th, they're almost 3 months old. Silkies are so soft; their top feathers feel like down feathers. Unlike most of the other chickens we've had, Silkies are very sociable and don't run away when we go to pet or pick them up. Not to mention they are the cutest chicks around!  :)


 





I thought this was a cool picture. ;)

 Just last Monday, (July 30th) the lady gave us one more Silkie chick...it's a rooster. He is the sweetest rooster I've ever met and he loves to be petted. This morning he was trying to crow.

 
These chickens are almost 5 months old.
This one's a rooster. Combined, we now have 13 chickens. :) 


Do you have any animals or have you ever petted a Silkie chicken? 


Have a great weekend!  



 

4 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures of the chicks. So cute. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, they are precious! Sounds like they are such a sweet bunch! So glad they found a loving home!

    Blessings! Net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they look so fluffy! Some friends of ours' have chickens but they're definitely not sociable kind. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I nominated you for the Liebster blog award. Check it out here: http://gloriakluth.blogspot.com/2018/08/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!