Friday, September 12, 2014

Biology // Romans 3:19

 Yesterday, I had my Biology class. :)  We were learning about Osmosis (Diffusion of water through a semi-permeable membrane, from an area of low solute concentration, to an area of higher solute concentration.) and my teacher did some "experiments" with an egg. (NOTE: My teacher was supposed to use the same egg, but she had to do it in different stages so she could bring it to class.) 
So, she took and egg and put it in vinegar for 24 hours. This is what it looked like:
The egg was squishy and if I rinsed the egg off with water, the rest of the "shell" would have come off. 
The next egg, she put in Karo syrup for 24 hours. This is what it looked like:
This was a really cool egg. I could feel the yolk inside!!! It was squishy as well. Very squishy.

The next egg, she soaked in plain water for 24 hours. This is what the egg looked like after it had been soaking:
This egg was a little squishy. I could see the yolk moving around inside. 
We weighed and measured all of these eggs, and wrote down the measurements.  
After we were done with the eggs, we observed different gummy bears that had been placed in different solutions: water, salt water, and baking soda. I really enjoyed yesterday's Biology class and I had alot of fun, as you can imagine!!!  :) The squishy eggs were pretty cool!!!

I also wanted to mention something neat that my daddy pointed out to me last night.
Romans 3:19 "Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped,  and all the world may become guilty before God." Now let's take this verse apart. 

"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law:" Who's under the law? Everybody is. 

"that every mouth may be stopped," Why must every mouth be stopped? Look at Romans 3:23. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" So, every mouth has to be stopped because we're all sinners. We can't talk about how good we are because "there is none righteous, no, not one."

"and all the world may become guilty before God." Everybody in the whole world is a sinner, and we all are guilty before God, because of our sin. 
My daddy just pointed out that Rom. 3:23 fits perfectly with Rom. 3:19! I think that is really neat!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Really great post Ashley!:) loved both parts, really interesting!:)
    keep up the good work:)
    Your friend,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat!! I really love this post!! Thanks for posting it!
    Love in Christ!
    Catherine K

    ReplyDelete
  3. You write so beautifully and are such a thoughtful young lady! It was a pleasure to chat with you at the family get together a while back. I hope you continue blogging for a long time to come :)
    Love,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!