Thursday, March 10, 2016

Liebster Award

Hello readers!
Emily from A Purpose and A Promise awarded me the Liebster Award. 

This is the second award I've been awarded, so thank you Emily!

Here are Emily's questions that I have to answer.
1. What's the first word you can think of that starts with R? Rejoice. Oh, that reminds me of this song. 
Rejoice, ye pure in heart, rejoice, give thanks and sing: Your festal banner wave on high, the cross of Christ your King. Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice, give thanks, and sing! 

2. What is the last song you listened to? Be Thou My vision 


Be thou my Vision, o Lord of my heart; naught be all else to me, save that thou art; 
Thou my best though, by day or by night, waking or sleeping, thy presence my light. 

Be thou my Wisdom, and thou my true Word; I ever with thee and thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father,  and I thy true son, thou in my dwelling, and I with thee one.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise; thou mine inheritance, now and always;
Thou and thou only, first in my heart, high King of heaven, my treasure thou art. 

High King of heaven, my victory won, may I reach heaven's joys, o bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall, still be my Vision, o Ruler of all. 

3. What is your favorite thing about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging is being able to be a blessing to other bloggers and non-bloggers, and meeting new friends!  :D


4. Is there a story behind your blog's name? Not really. I like creating precious moments with my family, and capturing the special moments with my camera. :) 


5. Tea or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate


6. Which do you prefer? Snail mail (letters) or email? Definitely snail mail. 


7. Guilty blogging habit? Sometimes I take a while to publish posts. 


8. Do you have any social media accounts? Nope. 


9. What is the next book you want to read? Though I don't have any of the following books, I would love to read one next: Ann JudsonSarah EdwardsWith Chords of LoveSusannah SpurgeonHenrietta Shuck, Harriet Newell

10. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Dark chocolate! If any of you readers would ever like to send me a gift, dark chocolate makes a great one! ;) Just saying... :)  wink wink ;) 

11. What is your favorite website? (Not a blog) Hmm. It's really hard to choose my favorite since I  enjoy many, but here is one I really like:  King's Blooming Rose


And that's it! Now I have to tag 11 people, and ask them 11 questions. The people I tag are Alisha @ Alisha In Progress /  Susannah Joy @ Frosted Woods Dreamer / Bethany @ Liberty or Death / Paige @  Paige's Pages / Julia @ Writing For His Glory / Emma @ Picture Perfectionist / Hannah @ Left My Heart in Africa.  If anyone would like to participate, you can leave a comment with your answers or answer them on your blog. :) 

1. How long have you been saved? 
2. Generally speaking, how old do you think you should be when you get married? And how old do you want to be when you get married? 
3. Do you like coffee? And if you do, what's your favorite kind? 
4. What is/was favorite subject in school? 
5. What's your favorite hobby? 
6. What's your favorite Bible verse? 
7. Do you play any instruments? 
8. What's your favorite season/time of year? 
9. Do you have any pets or animals? 
10. What do you think you'll be doing in 10 years from now? 
11. What's your favorite book to read, and what's your favorite book in the Bible to read? 

I hope you have fun answering the questions; I would love for you to leave a comment with your answers. :)  Have a fabulous, good and godly day!! 

Sending much love in Christ,
Ashley
Psalms 98:4 "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise. 

14 comments:

  1. Here we go....
    1. 56yrs 2. I was only 17 but I strongly advise young women to be in their mid twenties. 3. Just plain ol' coffee. 4. Math/History 5. Any type of crafting. 6. Isaiah 41:10 7. No, wish I did, hubby is very musical and is quite accomplished on the guitar. 8. I know this sounds crazy to most but I love winter. I love quilts and sweaters and being all warm and cozy when it's cold outside, 9. 2 little chi's, Bitsy Baby and Buddy Boy. 10. At my age I just hope I'm around 10 yrs from now. 11. So many great books to choose from, I really loved the Left Behind series. My favorite book to read/study in the Bible is Acts.
    This was fun..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. Hutchins,
      Thank you for answering the questions! I enjoyed reading your comment. :) I love the winter (and quilts) as well, and I do hope you live at least another 10 years, too. :) I do love the book of Acts...
      Have a joyful day in Jesus!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for doing the award!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, I forgot...Congrats on the Liebster Award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, what fun to read your answers! I love "Be Thou My Vision"! And I'm with you on dark chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for tagging me, This looks like a lot of fun! But what does Liebster mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Paige!
      I actually didn't know what Liebster meant, so I looked it up. Liebster is a German word meaning “dearest, sweetest, kindest, beloved”. The Liebster Award is meant for bloggers that have a following of under 200 followers. And it does have some rules, I found.

      Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
      Answer the questions given and then come up with 11 new ones to ask your nominations.
      Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
      You must tell all the blogs that you have nominated them.

      Hope this helps you. :)
      Thank you for asking and commenting, Paige. :)

      Delete
    2. Okay, thank you so much! I will get it started!

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed reading your answers, Ashley! Rejoice is a great R word! I love Be Thou My Vision--it's a beautiful song. And I am so grateful for all the wonderful bloggers I've "met" online as well. Snail mail does have something special about it!

    Thanks for tagging me. I'll answer your questions here.
    1. 10 years
    2. Generally speaking, I think it's great for anyone 18+ to get married at anytime if he/she finds the right person. I'd like to marry when I have a good job and can afford a house.
    3. No
    4. History, English, or math.
    5. Music or chess.
    6. Psalm 23
    7. Guitar, piano, and the accordion (barely).
    8. Anytime warm.
    9. My family has a dog, 3 cats, and a flock of chickens.
    10. Working, playing chess, and raising 2-4 children to be the best/smartest children in the country.
    11. The Bible, John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting with your answers, Bethany! I enjoyed reading them. :) I love playing the piano as well, though I'm not so good at chess. :)
      My pleasure. Hope you have a joyful day in Jesus!

      Delete
  7. This is cool that you did the Liebster Award, Ashley! How old are you? Your blog design is very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your answers are wonderful! I love hearing how other people respond to the same questions and express their individual favorites and personalities.

    Aw you were sweet to add me to the tag as well, Ashley! I updated my Liebster award post from earlier today with my answers to your questions as well! Go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Ashley! What a lovely award! God bless you and keep you as sweet as you are. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!