Thursday, April 26, 2018

Would You Care for a Scone?

Good day, friends!
I have a recipe to share with you. Why don't you grab some tea or coffee and enjoy these delicious little morsels.  :)
 

 To make these, you will need: 
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- blueberries (optional) 

 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients together. Cut in 6 tablespoons of butter until mixture resembles a coarse cornmeal. (I used a pastry cutter, but you can also use two knives.) Make a well in the center and pour in buttermilk, or if you don't have buttermilk, you can use regular milk. (I use regular milk every time and they come out great.) Mix until dough clings together and is a bit sticky. Be sure not to overmix. Turn out dough onto a floured surface and shape into 6-8 inch round circle, about 1-1.5 inches thick. (These will rise, so you can spread the dough out on the thinner side.) Cut into pie wedges or use a round biscuit or cookie cutter to cut circles. Try not to handle the dough too much. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, (parchment paper works great as well). Brush with egg for a shiny, beautiful scone. 
Note: Right before brushed the dough with egg, I pressed a few blueberries into the scones. If you wanted to flavor your scones, you could use chocolate chips, blueberries, cranberries, orange, or almond flavoring.
Bake for 10-20 minutes, or until light brown.  
These taste great plain, with butter or jam.


Enjoy! 


I would love to know, have you made scones before? 
What's your favorite way to enjoy them?  


4 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look so good. My mom makes really good blueberry scones with a lemon glaze!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethani has made some basic scones (no flavorings) before and they were delicious, but I have never made any! It would be fun to try for myself :)! I love to bake <3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these a couple weeks ago and they were an instant favorite! I made them again ;) They are delicious! Thanks for sharing, Ashley! You should try these, Bri ;) They're fast, fun, easy and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you were able to try them! My mom and I especially love them. :)
      My pleasure!

      Delete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!