Monday, July 9, 2018

Discount Books for Bookworms

Do you love to read??????

As an avid reader myself, I know it can be difficult to find books at reasonable prices. That's why in this post I'll be sharing my two favorite resources where you can buy books in great condition (and sometimes new condition) for low prices.

*Neither of these websites have every single book you may be looking for, but they do have a large varied selection.*

The first website is Thrift Books.  I've ordered many books from here and have been pleased with all my purchases. For each book available, they usually have a format and condition option from which you can choose. If there is a minimum of $10.00 in your cart, you'll receive free shipping on your order. Additionally, if there is a book you'd like to buy but it's not in stock, you can click the button 'add to wish list' and you'll receive an email once the book becomes available for purchase. (You do have to sign up if you want to add books to your wishlist.)   If you would like to receive a coupon for 15% off your first order made within the next 14 days, click here.


Next up is Abe Books. They are similar to Thrift Books in that they have various book condition options to choose from. I've found that the books listed at the top of the page are usually free shipping to U.S., but as you scroll farther down, those are the ones that have shipping expenses. Their book prices are really great, and I've been happy with all the books I've received. I did want to mention that my books arrived with a small bar-code sticker on the front that doesn't come off easily.  Here's what I do. (And this works for almost any book that has a sticker that doesn't peel off easily.) Scratch off as much as the sticker as you can. Place a few drops of lemon essential oil on a paper towel and scrape off. It works fabulous. And there's no sticky residue on the cover either! 


So there you have it! I hope you check out those websites and find some great deals on books.



Have you heard of or ordered from either of these sites before? Do you know of any other websites that sell books at discounted prices?  Would you like to see more book related posts in the future? Share your thoughts in the comments!




14 comments:

  1. Thank you!
    I will be checking both of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Abe Books, but Thriftbooks is awesome!! I get lots of books from there, CBD's clearance section, and local used book stores. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for local used book stores! And thrift stores. I find lots of books at the Salvation Army thrift store. :)

      Delete
  3. I read classic books free online at openlibrary.org... I don't own the book and can't hold it, but it definitely is fun to get to read some stories I wouldn't be able to otherwise (and it allows me to know which ones would be worth a re-read, and then I can just get those ones instead of all of them!). They have lots of books, not just classics... that's just what I have read there 😉.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of openlibrary. That's great you can read books for free on there. ;)

      Delete
  4. YES I love Thriftbooks!! Never heard of Abe Books; I'll have to check them out! And thanks for the tip on how to remove those pesky stickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been really great. I love Thrift Books too!
      You're welcome. :)

      Delete
  5. WOW Ashley!! You are definitely an avid book worm/reader. I would not like to see future book related posts in the future just because I'm not a book avid worm reader like you are and everyone else is not either. I have never used Thriftbooks and I know you have, because that's what you talk about all the time, but next time post an animal related post. That's what I would like to see more of including Cooking posts, which would be very entertaining, interesting, cool, and I would read those posts. For this post, All I read was the top few lines and the bottom few lines because it just doesn't interest me lolllllllllllllllll.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEBORAH!!!!! hahahahahah. Loved your comment. You're so funny. :) Animal post coming up (about Lacy and one about the chickens), and perhaps one more cooking post before I leave. (Did you see the one about fruit pizza?) Do you have any recipes you would like to see?

      all my love,
      Ashley

      Delete
    2. YOU ARE EMBARRASSING>>>>>
      I know that. because I'm writing the one about Lacy. And chicken post is to boring. You should do one about goats, cows, or horses. NOT chickens. That's embarrassing. Do a post on my famous lemon popsicles, or lime ones :}
      I saw the one about fruit pizza {I also ate it}. Just don't do one only either. Do 5 or more on popsicles {LEMON} :}

      From your embarrassed sister,
      Deborah

      Delete
    3. Oh my. I don't know what I'm going to do with you. lol.
      Your popsicles are a GREAT idea! If you make some more, I'll take pictures of the process and you can tell me the recipe and I'll post it. Maybe make some regular ones instead of the super duper sour lemony ones, though I will post that recipe. How many kinds do you know how to make? Want to do a popsicle series with all your different kinds? :)

      My conclusion is that you get embarrassed tooooo easily. lol. :)

      Love you forever,
      Ashley

      Delete
    4. You didn't say anything about the animals }:

      ok, I guess you can do a series.
      Idk how many kinds I have. Maybe 3 or 2. Gotta go alligator.
      Talk to you in the while crocodile
      Deborah

      Delete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!