Thursday, April 23, 2020

God: Giver of Choices & Life

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was one of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God: how great is the sum of them! 
~Psalm 139:14-17

Most people choose to identify themselves as either pro-life or pro-choice. Pro-choicers agree that it is perfectly okay to kill a baby in the womb and pro-lifers oppose it. Pro-choicers vote for women to have a choice on whether they want to keep their own baby or kill it. Pro-lifers love life and see it as a sacred, precious gift. No matter what people think about this issue of abortion, which is snuffing out thousands upon thousands of lives every year, God does not have to think about it. He knows life is precious because he created it, each one with a purpose. And it is not a human right to discard it like it is a piece of trash. But very sadly, that is happening all the time in this world.
In Deuteronomy chapter 30, God is speaking to Moses and the children of Israel. They would receive blessings if they continued following the commandments God provided, and they would experience judgments from God if they followed after the gods of the nations and disobeyed God. In verse 19, we read “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:”
Even though this was spoken to Israel, I think it can be applied to today. God sets before us two options: life and death. Life brings blessing and death brings cursing. God is all for promoting and giving life and he gives choices. The choice he wants each one to make is of course, that of life so you and your seed may live. And you will be blessed.


love,
Ashley
That thou mayest love the Lord thy God and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days...
~Deuteronomy 30:20



2 comments:

  1. I really like this post, Ashley! You put it so well, and the Scriptures you chose are very applicable.

    Becky G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Galati!
      So glad it was a blessing to you. :)

      -Ashley

      Delete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!