Wednesday, April 1, 2020

The Basic Bible Atlas ~ Book Review

About the book:
The Bible tells the story of God meeting real people in a real time and place, yet we rarely pause to wonder, “why there?” Maybe we have a hard time even picturing where “there” is. To begin to fully understand the Bible, we must understand the geographical settings of Scripture and how each place participated in the biblical story. With its colorful maps and illustrations, “The Basic Bible Atlas” helps us do just that, so we can appreciate how place impacted events in the Bible. From Eden to Egypt, from the promised land to Persia, from Bethlehem to the new Jerusalem, “The Basic Bible Atlas” is your ticket to explore the land of the Bible as never before.

My thoughts:
This was my first time reading a Bible atlas, and I found it to be very informative. The book started with Genesis and finished with Revelation, highlighting important stories and showing colorful maps that coordinated with the events that happened. It is one thing to read about the cities, rivers, and sites that are mentioned in the Bible, but when seen on a map, it helps connect all the places together. Despite the author’s use of the NIV version, I enjoyed this book and thought it was well written and put-together. I am glad to add this book to my collection, as I’m sure it will be used on many occasions in the future.


***I received this book from BakerBooks and happily provided a review.***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!