Monday, May 4, 2020

Open Heart / Open Home ~ Book Review

About the book:
Hospitality is one of the most powerful ways to reach out into the neighborhood and into the community. It is a basic Biblical concept that forms the building block for both fellowship and evangelism. And yet there are many gates which often shut us off from this opportunity. This book, Open Heart, Open Home, opens these gates. 

My thoughts:
This book is one of my favorites I have read on the subject of hospitality. The author differentiated between hopsitality and entertaining, which is something I hadn't thought of before. Opening your heart to those around you, your neighbors, friends, co-workers, people in your church, etc. and inviting them to your home can bless both you and your guests. You don't have to have a spotless house and a huge spread of food to be hospitable.You can start now, with whatever you have. I liked how the author shared personal experiences as well as some helpful tips on hospitality. She also highlighted often how hospitality can be used as a ministry and can be a very effective way to spread the gospel and encourage other believers.  
I think anyone who reads this book would benefit from it, and would highly recommend this read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!