Monday, July 4, 2022

Happy 4th of July!



Happy 4th of July, friends! As today marks the 246th year of America becoming a nation, I have so much gratitude in my heart. 
Gratitude for: 

*the blessing of being born and living in the United States of America. 

*the privilege to attend church weekly. I was talking to a friend from China, and she told me she attends the underground church. The underground church doesn’t mean the believers literally meet under the ground, but that their church is not registered with the state/state recognized religion, so it’s kind of a secret. What a blessing Americans have that we can choose to go to a church that believes and preaches the Word of God, and aren’t forced to go to one that is run by the government. 

*being able to publicly witness and pass out tracts. I don’t often think about this, but when my Chinese friend and I saw some people out witnessing along the street, she was amazed because in China, a person would get arrested for doing that. I am incredibly thankful Christians can spread the gospel of salvation without fear. 

*holiday celebrations and fireworks. πŸ’₯ Even though I’m sadly not getting to see any fireworks, I still love them! 

*so many freedoms we enjoy.

*America being founded on godly principles and the Bible. 
Psalm 33:12 says, “Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.” Anyone can look through the history of this nation and see God’s blessing on it. As long as a nation keeps the Lord as its God, it will be blessed. But sadly, America has been rejecting the Lord and embracing false gods. Satan is doing his best to get rid of the Lord as the god of this nation, and the effects are devastatingly sad. 

*patriotic music! Speaking of which, here’s one for you to enjoy. 
If you’re viewing this post on your email and the video 
doesn’t show, click here

How are you celebrating today?  πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ πŸŽ‡ 

love,
Ashley






1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley;
    I hope you had a happy and safe 4th Of July. Enjoyyour summer.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!