Sunday, October 5, 2014

Are you standing on the Solid Rock?

This afternoon, daddy, Sarah, and I drove to a beach on Hutchinson Island.  The weather was perfect- not too hot, and not too windy. The waves were absolutely beautiful. I took many lovely pictures, as usual. We won't say how many I took, but let's just say, it was 
A LOT!!! :) Anyway, I hope you enjoy these few pictures that I posted. ;) 

On our way to the beach, we saw this gas station sign with ridiculous gas prices, as you can see. $9.99 for regular and diesel gas!!! (I think we would rather walk or bike to the beach since it's such a beautiful day and we could all use some exercise... ) It was all closed off because the gas station wasn't getting any business, because no one wants to pay that much for gas. 
You know I was kidding, right? (smile) The gas station was undergoing some remodeling. Enjoy these pictures I took at the beach, even though they don't really do it justice. I just love listening to the sound of the waves. Praise the Lord for his amazing, beautiful creation!  


At one point, a big wave came up and splashed against the rocks, getting Sarah and Daddy wet. :) I was standing on another rock, taking some pictures. 
The ocean was like 2 different blues: an almost light blue, and a greenish blue. That, combined with the white foam of the waves provided a very pretty picture. 

As I was watching the waves crash against the rocks and feeling the midst, I thought of this Bible verse: Psalms 69:34. "Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas, and every thing that moveth therein."

I know you can't see it very well in this picture, but I had been standing on the rock that's to the right of this picture. I walked over to another place to take some pictures, and probably, one minute after I had left that dry rock, a gigantic wave came and drenched it! I would've been drenched, too, if I had been standing there. 
It was like a little canal in between these rocks every time the waves came. 
The white foam around all these rocks looks so much like snow! :)

And this picture was taken just as we were getting in the car. The water looked so sparkly and inviting. It was just glistening in the sunlight. 
Our God is so amazing. Just imagine, He created all the beauty of the ocean. You know, as I stood on the rocks and observed the waves, I thought of how powerful God is. We were standing on solid rocks at this beach. Rocks that didn't move or crumble beneath us when the waves beat against them. Well, we as Christians are standing on a Solid Rock. Our Rock never moves and we can always feel safe because our feet are firmly planted in it. When the waves of life come and try to knock us over, or the storm comes with the thunder and lightning, we can still stand and feel secure, unharmed, because our Rock is the Lord Jesus Christ. And He is always ready to lift us up if we fall, and listen to our every prayer. 
2 Samuel 22:2-3 says "And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence."    Hebrews 13:8 says "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Saying of the week:                                                                                                                          If God Brings You To It                                                                                                                                                               
Scripture of the week: Romans 1:16-17                                                                                   
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."

So, this week, think and meditate about how God loves us so much, that He provided a high tower and a Strong Rock for us to cling to- His Son, who payed for our sins, so we could have eternal life, with His precious blood on the cross of Calvary.

Standing on the Solid Rock,
                 Ashley                     

ps. I just thought of a few songs that talk about standing on the rock, but here's the  song "I'm Standing on the Solid Rock."
Through my disappointments,
Strife and discontentment,
I cast my every care upon the Lord. 
No matter what obsession,
Pain or deep depression,
I'm standing on the Solid Rock.

Now I'm pressing onward,
Each step leads me homeward,
I'm trusting in my Saviour day by day.
And close is our relation,
Firm is its foundation,
So on the Solid Rock I'll stay.

Even though He's gone now,
I don't feel alone now,
With comfort came the Spirit of the Lord. 
Now with His word to guide me,
From temptations hide me,
I'm standing on the Solid Rock.

I'm standing on the rock of ages;
Safe from every storm that rages,
Rich, but not from Satan's wages,
I'm standing on the Solid Rock.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I wish I could go to that beach...I'd love to swim in it! :D Did you swim in it also? Hahaa! I was shocked when I saw that gas price. I believed it. :D I am so glad that it wasn't true. Today our gas got to $2.94!!! That is the lowest in a LONG time. :P Have a blessed, evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) No, we didn't swim in the water. (We saw some kids swimming in it and the water kept knocking them over. It was pretty rough.)
      Have a godly day!!!

      Delete

Hello there!
I'd love it if you left me a comment...they totally make my day!